Intentar ORO - Gratis
Cebu quake fatalities rise to 74
The Philippine Star
|October 10, 2025
Two more fatalities in the magnitude 6.9 earthquake that struck Cebu last week have been reported, bringing the death toll to 74 as of yesterday.
-
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) and the Office of Civil Defense said the additional fatalities were reported in the towns of Tabogon and Medellin.
The number of injured people remained at 559 with no one reported missing.
Houses damaged by the earthquake increased to 71,996 from 62,531 the other day, with close to 5,000 assessed to be beyond repair, according to the NDRRMC.
From 733 the other day, the agency yesterday lowered to 703 the number of infrastructure such as schools and government facilities that were damaged during the quake.
Up to 189,620 families were displaced by the calamity. Most of them are staying in six evacuation centers.
Esta historia es de la edición October 10, 2025 de The Philippine Star.
Suscríbete a Magzter GOLD para acceder a miles de historias premium seleccionadas y a más de 9000 revistas y periódicos.
¿Ya eres suscriptor? Iniciar sesión
MÁS HISTORIAS DE The Philippine Star
The Philippine Star
Risa: United opposition bets named by year-end
The “united opposition” will announce by year-end the common candidates they will field in the 2028 general elections after Vice President Sara Duterte declared her bid for the presidency.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Ceccarelli vows to get better
BORMIO, Italy - Francis Ceccarelli, the 22-year-old Fil-Italian skier in the 25th Winter Olympics, may be down-but certainly not out.
1 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
VP Sara: I'm running for president in 2028
Fourth impeach case filed vs VP
4 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Why pursuing SMPC's coal contract makes sense for big conglomerates
As the government gears up to auction Semirara Mining and Power Corp.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
BBM on VP's bid: Good luck
Palace: Apologize for EJKs, DepEd issues
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
DA orders probe into farm input anomalies
The Department of Agriculture (DA) has ordered an investigation into the procurement and distribution of farm inputs and machinery after farmers exposed alleged multibillion-peso irregularities.
1 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
'Phl will accept only UNCLOS-based COC'
Only a Code of Conduct (COC) in the South China Sea anchored on the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) will be acceptable to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Philippines' top diplomat said.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Landbank raises P50 B from ASENSO bond sale
State-run Land Bank of the Philippines has raised P50 billion from its Agriculture, Sustainability, Environment and Socioeconomic Development (ASENSO) bonds, following strong demand that prompted an early close of the offer.
1 min
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Fallible
This story hovered under the radar.
3 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Rody wants to waive right to attend ICC hearing
Saying he does not recognize the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court, former president Rodrigo Duterte has requested the waiver of his right to attend the upcoming ICC confirmation of charges hearings next week.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
