يحاول ذهب - حر
Cebu quake fatalities rise to 74
October 10, 2025
|The Philippine Star
Two more fatalities in the magnitude 6.9 earthquake that struck Cebu last week have been reported, bringing the death toll to 74 as of yesterday.
-
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) and the Office of Civil Defense said the additional fatalities were reported in the towns of Tabogon and Medellin.
The number of injured people remained at 559 with no one reported missing.
Houses damaged by the earthquake increased to 71,996 from 62,531 the other day, with close to 5,000 assessed to be beyond repair, according to the NDRRMC.
From 733 the other day, the agency yesterday lowered to 703 the number of infrastructure such as schools and government facilities that were damaged during the quake.
Up to 189,620 families were displaced by the calamity. Most of them are staying in six evacuation centers.
هذه القصة من طبعة October 10, 2025 من The Philippine Star.
اشترك في Magzter GOLD للوصول إلى آلاف القصص المتميزة المنسقة، وأكثر من 9000 مجلة وصحيفة.
هل أنت مشترك بالفعل؟ تسجيل الدخول
المزيد من القصص من The Philippine Star
The Philippine Star
GoTyme Bank tops Visa debit market in Phl
GoTyme Bank has emerged as the most used Visa debit card issuer in the Philippines, highlighting rapid growth in digital payments adoption as the lender continued to expand its customer base and transaction volumes in 2025.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Toyota Gazoo Racing sweeps Monte Carlo podium in the 2026 WRC
Follows up with 1-2-3-4 finish in WRC Round 2 in Sweden
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
The first time my brothers & I travelled abroad together
For my four brothers and me, our recent trip to Taiwan was like a trip around the world.
5 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Megaworld investing P10 B for new malls
Property giant Megaworld Corp. is investing around P10 billion to scale up its retail portfolio, with new malls to be developed in Pampanga, Bulacan, Cavite and Bacolod.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
CBCP: Limit political dynasties to 2 relatives
Only two family members should be allowed to hold elective positions, according to a joint statement by church-based groups yesterday.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
2 Manila cops sacked for blocking motorists
Two members of the Manila Police District (MPD) have been relieved from their posts after a viral video showed them in a patrol car blocking motorists at a traffic light along Taft Avenue.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
High gold prices lift OceanaGold earnings
Australian-Canadian miner OceanaGold Philippines Inc. (OGPI) struck strong results last year, with earnings more than doubled amid soaring gold prices.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
US lingerie CEO says he was 'conned' by Epstein
Retail tycoon Les Wexner told US lawmakers on Wednesday he was \"conned\" by Jeffrey Epstein and denied any knowledge of his crimes, as Democrats pressed him over his decades-long relationship with the notorious sex offender.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Jonvic: We will find Atong Ang
Fugitive gambling tycoon Atong
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Palace: Rody’s ICC turnover lawful
The Philippine government's decision to turn over former president Rodrigo Duterte to the International Criminal Court (ICC) was lawful, Malacañang maintained yesterday, after the erstwhile chief executive claimed he was sent to The Hague “in flagrant contravention” of the Constitution and national sovereignty.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
