Try GOLD - Free
BBM, Sara ratings decline - Pulse Asia
The Philippine Star
|October 02, 2024
While President Marcos and Vice President Sara Duterte still enjoy the trust and approval of more than half of Filipinos, public approval for the country's two highest officials appears to be on the decline - at least based on the latest Pulse Asia Survey.
The survey, conducted from Sept. 6 to 13, showed that 50 percent of respondents approved of the performance of the President, down three points from the 53 percent in a similar survey in June.
Those who disapproved of his performance increased from 19 percent to 21 percent, while those undecided remained at 29 percent.
In terms of trust, the President also obtained a rating of 50 percent, down from 52 percent in June.
Those who distrust him increased from 21 percent to 22 percent, while those undecided increased from 27 percent to 28 percent.
The President's approval and trust ratings were highest in balance Luzon at 61 percent and 64 percent, respectively.
It was lowest in Mindanao, Duterte's bailiwick, at 26 percent and 21 percent, respectively.
Based on the same survey, Duterte still has the highest approval and trust ratings among top government officials, although the figures represented a significant drop.
The Vice President obtained a performance rating of 60 percent, down from 69 percent that she obtained in the June survey.
Those who disapproved of her performance increased from nine percent to 17 percent, while those undecided hardly moved from 22 percent to 23 percent.
Duterte's trust ratings also suffered, dropping by 10 points from 71 percent to 61 percent.
This story is from the October 02, 2024 edition of The Philippine Star.
Subscribe to Magzter GOLD to access thousands of curated premium stories, and 10,000+ magazines and newspapers.
Already a subscriber? Sign In
MORE STORIES FROM The Philippine Star
The Philippine Star
GoTyme Bank tops Visa debit market in Phl
GoTyme Bank has emerged as the most used Visa debit card issuer in the Philippines, highlighting rapid growth in digital payments adoption as the lender continued to expand its customer base and transaction volumes in 2025.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Toyota Gazoo Racing sweeps Monte Carlo podium in the 2026 WRC
Follows up with 1-2-3-4 finish in WRC Round 2 in Sweden
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
The first time my brothers & I travelled abroad together
For my four brothers and me, our recent trip to Taiwan was like a trip around the world.
5 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Megaworld investing P10 B for new malls
Property giant Megaworld Corp. is investing around P10 billion to scale up its retail portfolio, with new malls to be developed in Pampanga, Bulacan, Cavite and Bacolod.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
CBCP: Limit political dynasties to 2 relatives
Only two family members should be allowed to hold elective positions, according to a joint statement by church-based groups yesterday.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
2 Manila cops sacked for blocking motorists
Two members of the Manila Police District (MPD) have been relieved from their posts after a viral video showed them in a patrol car blocking motorists at a traffic light along Taft Avenue.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
High gold prices lift OceanaGold earnings
Australian-Canadian miner OceanaGold Philippines Inc. (OGPI) struck strong results last year, with earnings more than doubled amid soaring gold prices.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
US lingerie CEO says he was 'conned' by Epstein
Retail tycoon Les Wexner told US lawmakers on Wednesday he was \"conned\" by Jeffrey Epstein and denied any knowledge of his crimes, as Democrats pressed him over his decades-long relationship with the notorious sex offender.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Jonvic: We will find Atong Ang
Fugitive gambling tycoon Atong
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Palace: Rody’s ICC turnover lawful
The Philippine government's decision to turn over former president Rodrigo Duterte to the International Criminal Court (ICC) was lawful, Malacañang maintained yesterday, after the erstwhile chief executive claimed he was sent to The Hague “in flagrant contravention” of the Constitution and national sovereignty.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
