Facebook Pixel Shah reviews security amid Kulgam ops | The New Indian Express Bengaluru - newspaper - Read this story on Magzter.com
Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Get unlimited access to 10,000+ magazines, newspapers and Premium stories for just

$149.99
 
$74.99/Year

Try GOLD - Free

Shah reviews security amid Kulgam ops

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

|

February 05, 2025

UNION Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday reviewed the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir after a terror attack in Kulgam district in which ex-serviceman Manzoor Ahmad Wagay was killed, and his wife and niece were hurt.

- RAJESH KUMAR THAKUR & FAYAZ WANI @ New Delhi/ Srinagar

In Kulgam, security agencies launched a massive anti-terror operation and detained nearly 500 people for questioning. A security official said, "Police, CRPF and army have launched a massive search operation in Behibagh and adjoining areas in Kulgam district after the terror attack on Monday."

At the home ministry meeting, Shah received inputs from army officers posted in J&K and directed them to take an all-out approach to eliminate terrorism in the Union territory, sources said. "Army officials held extensive deliberations with the home minister on all aspects of security, ensuring that every measure is being taken to eliminate terrorism," a source said. The MHA will hold a second meeting on J&K security on Wednesday.

MORE STORIES FROM The New Indian Express Bengaluru

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

Rajasthan, K’taka, MP key states for Cong to improve Rajya Sabha tally

POLITICAL parties are turning their focus to the Rajya Sabha polls, with 22 MPs set to retire in June 2026.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

Cong didn't back operations against Maoists, says Shah

UNION Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday took a political swipe at the Congress, alleging that despite cooperation from several non-BJP governments in combating CPI (Maoist) insurgency, the Congress failed to support anti-Naxal operations in Chhattisgarh.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

Disciplined Army man of politics passes away

MAJOR General Bhuwan Chandra Khanduri (Retd), a towering figure in Uttarakhand’s political landscape and a transformative administrator known for his discipline and integrity, passed away at Max Hospital in Dehradun on Tuesday morning. He was 91.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

Arsenal on brink of EPL title

ARSENAL are on the brink of ending a 22-year wait to win the Premier League after beating Burnley 1-0 on Monday to open up a five-point lead at the top.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

Naxals gone, but minefields still a danger in Bastar

DESPITE the government’s declaration that the country is now free of Naxal influence, security officials have warned that the Bastar region continues to face a grave threat from a sprawling network of hidden explosives buried across its dense forests and rugged hills.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

Devastated 70-yr-old NEET aspirant wants reservation for seniors in exam

AMONG the 22.05 lakh candidates who agonised over the cancellation of the May NEET-UG 2026 exam is septuagenarian Ashok Bahar.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

RETURN OF ARTEFACTS MUST CUE BETTER HERITAGE CARE

NOTHER priceless piece of heritage was handed back to India last week.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

India, Vietnam ink pacts for free Indo-Pacific

DEFENCE Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with his Vietnamese counterpart General Phan Van Giang in Hanoi as India and Vietnam reaffirmed their shared commitment to a “free, open and stable” Indo-Pacific, while also inking MoUs on artificial intelligence and quantum technology.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

India in green tech accord with Nordics

INDIA and the five Nordic nations on Tuesday unveiled a new “Green Technology and Innovation Strategic Partnership” at the 3rd India-Nordic Summit in Oslo, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterparts pledging deeper collaboration in clean energy, sustainability, digital innovation and emerging technologies.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

The New Indian Express Bengaluru

ITALY & INDIA: STRATEGIC PUSH FOR THE INDO-MEDITERRANEAN

THE relationship between India and Italy has reached a decisive stage. In recent years, our ties have expanded with unprecedented momentum, evolving from a cordial friendship into a special strategic partnership grounded in the values of freedom and democracy, and a common vision for the future.

time to read

4 mins

May 20, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size