Try GOLD - Free

Hostage remains ID'd

The Journal

|

November 27, 2025

PRIME Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel had identified the latest remains returned from Gaza as hostage Dror Or.

That leaves the bodies of two hostages in Gaza as the first phase of the Israel-Hamas ceasefire agreement nears a conclusion.

The identification came as Turkish, Qatari and Egyptian officials met in Cairo to discuss the second phase of the ceasefire agreement, which began in October and has held despite accusations by both sides of violations.

Palestinian militants released Mr Or's remains on Tuesday.

Israel has agreed to release 15 Palestinian bodies for each hostage returned and hospital officials in Gaza said yesterday Israel had handed over the remains of 15 more Palestinians.

MORE STORIES FROM The Journal

The Journal

Armed response to toy sword

A MAN carrying a “plastic toy sword” caused armed police to swarm on a coastal town in Northumberland.

time to read

1 min

February 18, 2026

The Journal

Warner Bros reopens its sale talks with Paramount

WARNER Bros Discovery has resumed talks with Paramount Skydance, reigniting the takeover battle with Netflix for one of Hollywood’s most sought-after studios.

time to read

1 min

February 18, 2026

The Journal

Eagles hope to fly after 10 day block of training

AFTER a 10-day break, the Newcastle Eagles return to the court tonight in Manchester looking to break a five-match SLB Championship losing streak.

time to read

2 mins

February 18, 2026

The Journal

The Journal

Curran is the man for the big moment

SAM Curran is once again proving to be England's man when the pressure is on at the T20 World Cup after helping them negotiate a trickier-than-anticipated group stage.

time to read

2 mins

February 18, 2026

The Journal

Mercury Prize is set to return to Newcastle after success of last year

Newcastle will stage the prestigious Mercury Prize for the second year running after the spectacular success of the 2025 ceremony.

time to read

3 mins

February 18, 2026

The Journal

Three men deny murder of 23-year-old

THREE men have denied murdering a 23-year-old who died in a collision at a petrol station.

time to read

1 min

February 18, 2026

The Journal

Australia out after rain dashes Irish hopes

Australia are out of the T20 World Cup after Zimbabwe's decisive clash with Ireland in Pallekele was washed out.

time to read

1 mins

February 18, 2026

The Journal

HORSE POWER Molto Bene should prove too good for her rivals at Ludlow

MOLTO

time to read

1 mins

February 18, 2026

The Journal

Minister backs campaign to help small businesses

A GOVERNMENT Minister has backed a campaign starting in the North East to help SMEs find the right advice and become “investor ready”.

time to read

2 mins

February 18, 2026

The Journal

The Journal

Finance boss stole £35k from firm

A MOTHER stole nearly £35,000 from the Tyneside family business where she worked as finance manager, a court heard.

time to read

2 mins

February 18, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size