Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Get unlimited access to 10,000+ magazines, newspapers and Premium stories for just

$149.99
 
$74.99/Year

Try GOLD - Free

US strikes 3 Iranian nuclear sites

Manila Bulletin

|

June 23, 2025

PH adopts ‘One Country Team’ approach to crisis; 8 Filipinos injured

- By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS and RAYMUND ANTONIO

US strikes 3 Iranian nuclear sites

The United States attacked three sites in Iran early Sunday, inserting itself into Israel's war aimed at destroying the country's nuclear program in a risky gambit to weaken a longtime foe that prompted fears of a wider regional conflict.

Addressing the nation from the White House, President Donald Trump asserted that Iran's key nuclear sites were "completely and fully obliterated." There was no independent damage assessment.

Injured Filipinos

The Philippine government, through its missions in the affected areas, has adopted a unified response under the “One Country Team” approach, as the number of Filipinos injured by Iranian retaliatory missile attacks on Israel rose to eight.

Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Undersecretary Eduardo de Vega assured that agency personnel have adopted a “whole-of-government” approach and that the DFA had called for the de-escalation of tension and “return to the path of peace to protect our millions of kababayans in the region.”

The Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv said that one Filipino who had “severe and life-threatening injuries” remains in critical condition, while another suffered from moderate to serious injuries and had been discharged and six already discharged from the hospital after receiving treatment for minor injuries.

The embassy shared that the Filipina in critical condition "undergoing a major pulmonary surgery at Sham Medical Center, one of Israel's most advanced hospitals," but "she is still! in the ICU and will need to undergo another surgery once stable." The now 10-day exchange of missiles between Israel and Iran also displaced 88 Filipinos since their home! were either hit or indirectly impacted by the attacks.

"They are currently being house in temporary accommodations," the embassy assured.

MORE STORIES FROM Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

5.7 M students to benefit from Free College Law next year

Around 5.7 million students in State Universities and Colleges (SUC) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUC) are expected to benefit from the Free College Law next year, Senator Paolo “Bam” Aquino IV said on Friday, Nov. 28.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

What makes Northern Mindanao a memorable destination?

How community-based tourism leaves lasting memories

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

Manila joins CPTPP aspirants list

The formal process to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) could begin next year for the Philippines after its membership bid was recognized by the bloc's top brass, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

ICC rejects Duterte's release

The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has unanimously confirmed the decision rejecting the request for former president Rodrigo Duterte's interim release, ruling once again that his detention remains necessary.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Diesel price may be rolled back by ₱3.20

Motorists are set for a steep drop in fuel prices, a respite after months of price volatility.

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Tariff headwinds fail to halt record exports

Despite lingering United States (US) tariff headwinds, the Philippines’ goods exports during the first 10 months of 2025 reached a new record high, while imports recorded the second-highest level on record, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

Marcos goes after Zaldy Co's air assets; Alcantara returns ₱110 M

President Marcos has ordered transport and aviation authorities to coordinate with their counterparts in Malaysia and Singapore to track down helicopters and aircraft allegedly linked to former congressman Zaldy Co, saying the government will not allow stolen public assets to be used to evade the law.

time to read

4 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Nuclear not threat to JERA's PH LNG

Transition energy giant JERA Co. Inc. sees the growing openness of multilateral development banks (MDBs) to finance nuclear power as complementary—not a threat—to its liquefied natural gas (LNG) business, as both technologies can play distinct roles in helping developing countries like the Philippines manage the “energy trilemma” of security, affordability, and sustainability, according to a top official.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Mickey Mouse and friends take over Singapore

Changi Airport and Jewel unveil Disney's year-end activities

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

PBBM, Isko, open new health, housing facilities in Manila

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso unveiled a series of major health and housing facilities in the city on Thursday, Nov. 27, highlighting Manila's rapid expansion of public services through new laboratories, clinics, hospitals, and in-city housing projects.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size