Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Get unlimited access to 10,000+ magazines, newspapers and Premium stories for just

$149.99
 
$74.99/Year

Try GOLD - Free

BEKLASH

Daily Voice

|

August 18, 2025

Minister Mckenzie given a deadline to respond to SAHRC's 'evidence' of racism

- BY SIYABONGA SITHOLE

BEKLASH

MINISTER of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie has been given until Wednesday to respond to the SA Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) in an ongoing race row.

On Friday, in a statement, the commission said it has found prima facie evidence that McKenzie's tweets violate the country's equality laws.

This comes as McKenzie recently faced a public backlash after some of the posts he made on X, formerly known as Twitter, between 2011 and 2017 resurfaced, sparking a social media frenzy.

Last week, ActionSA confirmed it had reported McKenzie to the SAHRC for repeatedly using hateful apartheid-era slurs to degrade and dehumanise black South Africans.

The SAHRC said it has opened an investigation into the minister's posts following an outcry and complaints from members of the public.

MORE STORIES FROM Daily Voice

Daily Voice

Daily Voice

RHAFIEK'S READY TO ROL

Suidooster actor gives back to the community with Lansdowne fights

time to read

2 mins

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Daily Voice

Brilliant Bavuma

UNBEATEN TEST CAPTAIN ON HIS UNBLEMISHED RECORD

time to read

1 mins

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Daily Voice

WICKET IN PERTH GETS RATED HIGH

THE Perth Stadium pitch that hosted the first Ashes Test was rated yesterday as \"very good\" by the ICC despite the game finishing inside two days.

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Daily Voice

TRUMP 'GATES' SA

US prez blocks Mzansi from G20 2026 in Miami over 'Afrikaners'

time to read

2 mins

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Six drop bail bids in case

SIX of the seven mense accused of the kidnapping and murder of Cape Town father Malcolm Pather have abandoned their bail application.

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Blitzboks ‘have no excuses’

BLITZBOK captain Impi Visser is eager for the Dubai Sevens to start as he firmly believes his span will carry pride and confidence onto the pitch in the season-opening SVNS tournament this weekend.

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

50 CENT DROPS NEW 'TELL-ALL' DIDDY DOCCIE

50 CENT is dropping his Diddy documentary on Netflix next Tuesday and he is promising to reveal all the files in the Sean Combs sex crime scandal.

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Palace await Man U

MANCHESTER United face another difficult Premier League assignment this weekend as they travel to Crystal Palace, hoping to recover from a swak home defeat to 10-man Everton on Monday.

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Boks run out of backs

COACH HAS TO GO WITH 7-1 SPLIT

time to read

1 mins

November 28, 2025

Daily Voice

Daily Voice

COPS PROBE MURDER OF CODETA DRIVER IN DELFT

THE shooting of a taxi driver at a Delft rank has authorities probing whether it is part of the wider taxi violence crisis.

time to read

1 mins

November 28, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size