Facebook Pixel The fans are the winners as Mo looks ready to extend his incredible legacy at Liverpool | Daily Post - newspaper - Read this story on Magzter.com

Try GOLD - Free

The fans are the winners as Mo looks ready to extend his incredible legacy at Liverpool

Daily Post

|

April 11, 2025

FOR Mohamed Salah, in the end, it has come down to a relatively simple choice over his next move: renew his contract with Liverpool or head off to Saudi Arabia and call time on a career at the elite level.

- By PAUL GORST

The fans are the winners as Mo looks ready to extend his incredible legacy at Liverpool

And as the season has worn on and the options have whittled down, the situation has bottle-necked.

Salah’s bargaining position has started to grow weaker by the month, leaving the only real alternative to what was already his preferred choice to remain at Anfield, being a move to a half-speed league, way outside of the parameters of European football's spotlight.

As he now closes in on a two-year agreement with Liverpool, that has helped make this decision even more straightforward.

It’s likely why those at the club have been comfortable enough to leave things without a resolution until April.

It was back in late November when Salah broke the career-long habit of speaking to reporters in a post-match mixed zone area.

Only twice previously had the Egypt captain done so, making good on promises after reaching the 40-goal mark in his first season, back in 2018, and then a little over a year later when celebrating a Champions League triumph.

So when Salah agreed to give a few minutes of his time to just a handful of publications, fresh from scoring goals 11 and 12 of the campaign, a rain-soaked St Mary's did not seem like the most obvious place for part three of his media address. Clearly, he had something he wanted the wider world to know.

“Well, we are almost in December and I haven't received any offers yet to stay in the club, I'm probably more out than in,” Salah conceded.

“There is no club like this. But in the end it is not in my hands.

“As I said before, it is December and I haven't received anything yet about my future. I love the fans. The fans love me.

“In the end it is not in my hands or the fans’ hands. Let's wait and see.”

The comments sparked widespread debate.

MORE STORIES FROM Daily Post

Daily Post

Daily Post

Works planned to save rare wicker chimney hood

COTTAGE AT RISK OF COLLAPSE THAT THREATENS HISTORIC STRUCTURE

time to read

2 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Daily Post

Anderson makes his CASE to be United's next star midfielder

FOREST ACE SHOWS WHY HE'D BE IDEAL CASEMIRO REPLACEMENT

time to read

3 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Daily Post

McGregor to make UFC return in July

CONOR MCGREGOR will fight in UFC for the first time in five years this summer.

time to read

1 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Leadership contest 'froth and nonsense'

A SENIOR Cabinet minister has criticised speculation about a Labour leadership contest as ‐froth and nonsense‑.

time to read

2 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Daily Post

Pub set to reopen after four-year gap

AN ‘iconic’ pub is gearing up to reopen after being closed for four years.

time to read

1 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Tourist tax ‘would be final nails in the industry's coffin’

CYNGOR GWYNEDD TO CONSULT PUBLIC ON LEVY BUT SOME COUNCILLORS SOUND DIRE WARNINGS

time to read

3 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Mo's parting shot piles the pressure on Slot ahead of crucial finale

FAILURE TO CLINCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLACE WILL TEST CLUB'S PATIENCE WITH MANAGER... BUT REDS DON'T HAVE THE SQUAD TO PLAY THE WAY HE WANTS TO

time to read

4 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Daily Post

Pep warning: Don't think you're special

BOSS SAYS CITY MUST KEEP STRIVING AS THEY TARGET TREBLE

time to read

2 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Daily Post

Ebola outbreak spreads

WORLD Health Organisation Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has declared the Ebola disease outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighbouring Uganda a public health emergency of international concern, after more than 300 suspected cases and 88 deaths.

time to read

2 mins

May 18, 2026

Daily Post

Daily Post

Calls for reform of payment scheme

UNIONS are calling for reform of the Personal independence payment scheme (Pip) amid new research showing the high unemployment level of disabled people.

time to read

1 min

May 18, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size