Prøve GULL - Gratis
Hostages released by Hamas
The Journal
|October 14, 2025
HAMAS yesterday released all 20 remaining living hostages held in Gaza as part of a ceasefire, pausing two years of war that pummelled the territory, killed tens of thousands of Palestinians, and left scores of captives in militant hands in the enclave.
-
Two Israeli hostages, twin brothers Ziv Berman (left) and Gali Berman (right), are pictured yesterday in Ramat Gan, Israel, after being released from captivity in Gaza by Hamas
(MOSTAFA ALKHAROUF/ANADOLU/GETTY IMAGES)
Tens of thousands of Israelis watched the hostage transfers at public screenings across the country. In Tel Aviv, families and friends of the hostages broke into wild cheers as television channels announced that the first group was in the hands of the Red Cross.
The freed hostages, all men, were later reunited with their families and footage released by Israeli authorities showed tearful reunions, including one showing 28-year-old twins Gali and Ziv Berman embracing as they were reunited. Hostages previously released had said the twins were held separately.
The bodies of the remaining 28 dead hostages were also due to be handed over as part of the deal, but Hamas's military wing stated yesterday afternoon that the bodies of only four hostages would be returned to Israel yesterday. The Gaza-based militant group has told mediators it does not know the location of some of the other 24 dead hostages.
Denne historien er fra October 14, 2025-utgaven av The Journal.
Abonner på Magzter GOLD for å få tilgang til tusenvis av kuraterte premiumhistorier og over 9000 magasiner og aviser.
Allerede abonnent? Logg på
FLERE HISTORIER FRA The Journal
The Journal
Barcelona stays on F1 calendar
FORMULA ONE Barcelona will continue to host Formula
1 min
February 17, 2026
The Journal
Rare bird thief ‘will fight to clear name until I die’
He made legal history when he became the first person in Britain to be jailed for stealing rare birds.
2 mins
February 17, 2026
The Journal
New centre treats 1,500 in a fortnight
ABOUT 1,500 pupils were treated at a new urgent treatment centre (UTC) at a Newcastle hospital in its first two weeks.
1 mins
February 17, 2026
The Journal
Employment Rights Act could ‘act as a handbrake’ on hiring
THE government's new package of employment rights will put a brake on hiring, according to a new report, as businesses worry about the possible risks and costs.
1 mins
February 17, 2026
The Journal
England gain 'confidence' from Italy scare
CRICKET
1 mins
February 17, 2026
The Journal
30 years on, I'm still determined to clear my name
Northumberland man who was first person in Britain to be jailed for stealing rare birds will not give up fight to prove his innocence
1 min
February 17, 2026
The Journal
Home truths talk a team 'reset' – Burn
NEWCASTLE United's Dan Burn has revealed how the meeting held by senior stars has helped give the Magpies' season a much-needed shot in the arm.
2 mins
February 17, 2026
The Journal
Racial abuse of Edogbo probed
RUGBY UNION The Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) is investigating \"cowardly\" racist abuse directed at Edwin Edogbo following his international debut.
1 min
February 17, 2026
The Journal
League at weekend after error-filled Magpies FA Cup game
CHRIS Kavanagh has not been appointed to referee a Premier League game this weekend after a series of errors during Newcastle's FA Cup win at Aston Villa last Saturday.
2 mins
February 17, 2026
The Journal
More to come says gold star Weston
WINTER OLYMPICS
2 mins
February 17, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
