Essayer OR - Gratuit
Hostages released by Hamas
The Journal
|October 14, 2025
HAMAS yesterday released all 20 remaining living hostages held in Gaza as part of a ceasefire, pausing two years of war that pummelled the territory, killed tens of thousands of Palestinians, and left scores of captives in militant hands in the enclave.
-
Two Israeli hostages, twin brothers Ziv Berman (left) and Gali Berman (right), are pictured yesterday in Ramat Gan, Israel, after being released from captivity in Gaza by Hamas
(MOSTAFA ALKHAROUF/ANADOLU/GETTY IMAGES)
Tens of thousands of Israelis watched the hostage transfers at public screenings across the country. In Tel Aviv, families and friends of the hostages broke into wild cheers as television channels announced that the first group was in the hands of the Red Cross.
The freed hostages, all men, were later reunited with their families and footage released by Israeli authorities showed tearful reunions, including one showing 28-year-old twins Gali and Ziv Berman embracing as they were reunited. Hostages previously released had said the twins were held separately.
The bodies of the remaining 28 dead hostages were also due to be handed over as part of the deal, but Hamas's military wing stated yesterday afternoon that the bodies of only four hostages would be returned to Israel yesterday. The Gaza-based militant group has told mediators it does not know the location of some of the other 24 dead hostages.
Cette histoire est tirée de l'édition October 14, 2025 de The Journal.
Abonnez-vous à Magzter GOLD pour accéder à des milliers d'histoires premium sélectionnées et à plus de 9 000 magazines et journaux.
Déjà abonné ? Se connecter
PLUS D'HISTOIRES DE The Journal
The Journal
Armed response to toy sword
A MAN carrying a “plastic toy sword” caused armed police to swarm on a coastal town in Northumberland.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Warner Bros reopens its sale talks with Paramount
WARNER Bros Discovery has resumed talks with Paramount Skydance, reigniting the takeover battle with Netflix for one of Hollywood’s most sought-after studios.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Eagles hope to fly after 10 day block of training
AFTER a 10-day break, the Newcastle Eagles return to the court tonight in Manchester looking to break a five-match SLB Championship losing streak.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Curran is the man for the big moment
SAM Curran is once again proving to be England's man when the pressure is on at the T20 World Cup after helping them negotiate a trickier-than-anticipated group stage.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Mercury Prize is set to return to Newcastle after success of last year
Newcastle will stage the prestigious Mercury Prize for the second year running after the spectacular success of the 2025 ceremony.
3 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Three men deny murder of 23-year-old
THREE men have denied murdering a 23-year-old who died in a collision at a petrol station.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Australia out after rain dashes Irish hopes
Australia are out of the T20 World Cup after Zimbabwe's decisive clash with Ireland in Pallekele was washed out.
1 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
HORSE POWER Molto Bene should prove too good for her rivals at Ludlow
MOLTO
1 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Minister backs campaign to help small businesses
A GOVERNMENT Minister has backed a campaign starting in the North East to help SMEs find the right advice and become “investor ready”.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Finance boss stole £35k from firm
A MOTHER stole nearly £35,000 from the Tyneside family business where she worked as finance manager, a court heard.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
