Prøve GULL - Gratis
Gaza ceasefire tested
The Journal
|October 20, 2025
ISRAEL struck targets in the southern Gaza Strip yesterday, after it said its troops came under fire from Hamas militants, in the first major test of a United States-brokered ceasefire meant to halt more than two years of war.
-
Members of the Palestinian group used a rocket-propelled grenade and Israel responded with air strikes and artillery, the Israeli military said.
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held consultations with Israel's leading security officials and directed the military to take “strong action” against any ceasefire violations, but did not threaten to return to war. Hamas said that it was not connected to any clashes in Rafah, in southern Gaza.
The strikes came as Israel identified the remains of two hostages released by Hamas overnight on Saturday, and the Palestinian group said talks to launch the second phase of ceasefire negotiations have begun.
Denne historien er fra October 20, 2025-utgaven av The Journal.
Abonner på Magzter GOLD for å få tilgang til tusenvis av kuraterte premiumhistorier og over 9000 magasiner og aviser.
Allerede abonnent? Logg på
FLERE HISTORIER FRA The Journal
The Journal
Armed response to toy sword
A MAN carrying a “plastic toy sword” caused armed police to swarm on a coastal town in Northumberland.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Warner Bros reopens its sale talks with Paramount
WARNER Bros Discovery has resumed talks with Paramount Skydance, reigniting the takeover battle with Netflix for one of Hollywood’s most sought-after studios.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Eagles hope to fly after 10 day block of training
AFTER a 10-day break, the Newcastle Eagles return to the court tonight in Manchester looking to break a five-match SLB Championship losing streak.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Curran is the man for the big moment
SAM Curran is once again proving to be England's man when the pressure is on at the T20 World Cup after helping them negotiate a trickier-than-anticipated group stage.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Mercury Prize is set to return to Newcastle after success of last year
Newcastle will stage the prestigious Mercury Prize for the second year running after the spectacular success of the 2025 ceremony.
3 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Three men deny murder of 23-year-old
THREE men have denied murdering a 23-year-old who died in a collision at a petrol station.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Australia out after rain dashes Irish hopes
Australia are out of the T20 World Cup after Zimbabwe's decisive clash with Ireland in Pallekele was washed out.
1 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
HORSE POWER Molto Bene should prove too good for her rivals at Ludlow
MOLTO
1 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Minister backs campaign to help small businesses
A GOVERNMENT Minister has backed a campaign starting in the North East to help SMEs find the right advice and become “investor ready”.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Finance boss stole £35k from firm
A MOTHER stole nearly £35,000 from the Tyneside family business where she worked as finance manager, a court heard.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
