मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं, समाचार पत्रों और प्रीमियम कहानियों तक असीमित पहुंच प्राप्त करें सिर्फ

$149.99
 
$74.99/वर्ष

कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त

'No resignation calls at Trillion Peso March'

The Philippine Star

|

November 30, 2025

Today’s Trillion Peso March will not dwell on the country’s political divides and instead will focus on its main goal - standing up against systemic corruption in government.

- By EJ MACABABBAD

'No resignation calls at Trillion Peso March'

Runners make their way to the Quezon Avenue tunnel as they participate in the Quezon City Eco-Run yesterday. The event aims to promote healthier lifestyles while raising awareness of eco-friendly practices.

(MICHAEL VARGAS)

That means organizers will not demand the resignation of President Marcos, who has been threatened with a coup allegedly plotted by retired military personnel, or of Vice President Sara Duterte who, in recent days, has expressed readiness to lead the country in case the Chief Executive is toppled.

"We're not pro-anyone and we're kind of anti-everyone," Kiko Aquino Dee, one of the organizers told "Morning Matters" on One News on Friday.

Security measures in place for rallies. Story on Page 4.

"The common call of the rally is transparency, return the money, respect the 1987 Constitution and prevail over dynasties," Dee, the grandson of democracy stalwarts Cory and Ninoy Aquino, said.

Dee noted that only contractors and former Department of Public Works and Highways engineers have so far been arrested and jailed.

"Definitely we want to see the arrest of high ranking officials involved in the corruption to prove to the people that there are no sacred cows in the investigation," he said.

Dee clarified that people who will raise a placard today demanding Marcos’ resignation will be left alone if they do not cause any disturbance. However, it is a different story if they call for extraconstitutional activities.

“If they urge the Armed Forces to withdraw support, that’s definitely beyond the bounds. We have marshals, just like we did last Sept. 21, who will ask people to put such calls down,” Dee said.

The Philippine Star से और कहानियाँ

The Philippine Star

Strengthening Phl - France economic ties

The Philippines and France continue to work to strengthen economic ties following the recently concluded 11th meeting of the PhIFrance Joint Economic Committee and the Philippine Economic Dialogue here last Nov. 4.

time to read

4 mins

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Sri Lanka floods leave 193 dead, 228 missing

Entire areas of Sri Lanka’s capital were flooded yesterday after a powerful cyclone triggered heavy rains and mudslides across the island, with authorities reporting nearly 200 dead and dozens more missing.

time to read

1 min

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

Globe saves P125 M from AI energy usage

Telco-to-tech giant Globe Telecom Inc. is leaning on artificial intelligence (AI) to improve some of its decision-making processes, leading to energy savings of as much as P125 million yearly.

time to read

1 mins

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

Fire hits Senate building

A fire broke out yesterday at the Senate building in Pasay, halting today's budget deliberations and forcing the chamber to reschedule the plenary session for tomorrow.

time to read

1 min

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

Celebrating the Seasons of Faith at the MOA Sanctuary, Concluding with Halina sa Belen

SM Mall of Asia opens Halina sa Belen at the MOA Sanctuary, a Christmas exhibit featuring Nativity sets from Fr. Genaro O. Diwa and Mr. Elliot Eustacio. Each Belen uses its own style and material—from wood and glass to porcelain and local craftsmanship. Every piece presents the Nativity through a Filipino lens, showing how faith, art, and heritage come together in one meaningful display.

time to read

2 mins

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

Lessons from the SEA Games

“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating.” © Sophocles

time to read

2 mins

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

DOH: 192 specialty centers now operational nationwide

The Department of Health (DOH) yesterday announced that 192 specialty centers are now operational in the country.

time to read

1 min

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

Futsal giants eye semis

South American titans Argentina and Colombia rekindle their rivalry as they dispute a ticket to the semifinals of the FIFA Futsal World Cup today at the PhilSports Arena.

time to read

1 min

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

3 men nabbed in Manila anti-corruption protest

Police arrested three men claiming to be freelance media workers during yesterday's anti-corruption protests in Manila.

time to read

1 min

December 01, 2025

The Philippine Star

Jimuel draws in pro debut

Jimuel Pacquiao shrugged off the pressure of living up to his father's name and marked his pro debut by battling high school teacher Brendan Lally to a four-round majority draw in a lightweight fight at the Pechanga Resort and Casino in Temecula, California, Saturday night (yesterday morning, Manila time).

time to read

1 min

December 01, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size