Intentar ORO - Gratis
Recto sees 25-bps rate cut
The Philippine Star
|December 19, 2024
Agrees with market consensus
"There's a great possibility," Recto told reporters in an informal chat. "I agree with the market consensus of a 25-basis-point decrease."
Recto clarified that he is not bound by the central bank's "quiet period" ahead of monetary policy decisions, which prohibits members from commenting publicly on monetary policy matters.
"I'm not covered by that. I'm secretary of finance," Recto said.
The BSP is widely expected to bring down its key policy rate by 25 basis points during its Monetary Board meeting today, according to a poll of analysts conducted last week.
The central bank delivered a 25-basis-point cut last Oct. 16, bringing the total cuts to 50 bps since it began its easing cycle in August.
Esta historia es de la edición December 19, 2024 de The Philippine Star.
Suscríbete a Magzter GOLD para acceder a miles de historias premium seleccionadas y a más de 9000 revistas y periódicos.
¿Ya eres suscriptor? Iniciar sesión
MÁS HISTORIAS DE The Philippine Star
The Philippine Star
Risa: United opposition bets named by year-end
The “united opposition” will announce by year-end the common candidates they will field in the 2028 general elections after Vice President Sara Duterte declared her bid for the presidency.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Ceccarelli vows to get better
BORMIO, Italy - Francis Ceccarelli, the 22-year-old Fil-Italian skier in the 25th Winter Olympics, may be down-but certainly not out.
1 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
VP Sara: I'm running for president in 2028
Fourth impeach case filed vs VP
4 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Why pursuing SMPC's coal contract makes sense for big conglomerates
As the government gears up to auction Semirara Mining and Power Corp.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
BBM on VP's bid: Good luck
Palace: Apologize for EJKs, DepEd issues
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
DA orders probe into farm input anomalies
The Department of Agriculture (DA) has ordered an investigation into the procurement and distribution of farm inputs and machinery after farmers exposed alleged multibillion-peso irregularities.
1 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
'Phl will accept only UNCLOS-based COC'
Only a Code of Conduct (COC) in the South China Sea anchored on the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) will be acceptable to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Philippines' top diplomat said.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Landbank raises P50 B from ASENSO bond sale
State-run Land Bank of the Philippines has raised P50 billion from its Agriculture, Sustainability, Environment and Socioeconomic Development (ASENSO) bonds, following strong demand that prompted an early close of the offer.
1 min
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Fallible
This story hovered under the radar.
3 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Rody wants to waive right to attend ICC hearing
Saying he does not recognize the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court, former president Rodrigo Duterte has requested the waiver of his right to attend the upcoming ICC confirmation of charges hearings next week.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
