Facebook Pixel DOJ: Santiago Stays Until NBI Chief Named | The Philippine Star - newspaper - Lee esta historia en Magzter.com
Vuélvete ilimitado con Magzter GOLD

Vuélvete ilimitado con Magzter GOLD

Obtenga acceso ilimitado a más de 9000 revistas, periódicos e historias Premium por solo

$149.99
 
$74.99/Año

Intentar ORO - Gratis

DOJ: Santiago Stays Until NBI Chief Named

The Philippine Star

|

August 19, 2025

Resigned National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Jaime Santiago will remain in his post until a replacement has been named by Malacañang, Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla announced yesterday.

- With Mark Ernest Villeza

Remulla cited Santiago's request in his resignation letter that he will leave his post once his successor is appointed.

"He will stay on until the appointment of his successor. So the thought of an officer-in-charge has not crossed my mind. In deference to him and with respect to his request," Remulla said.

The Department of Justice has endorsed DOJ Undersecretary Jesse Andres as acting NBI chief following Santiago's irrevocable resignation last week.

DOJ spokesman Jose Dominic Clavano IV said the department made the recommendation to the Office of the President.

"We have to move on from this as fast as possible because there should not be interruption in the NBI's operation. We were saddened by the resignation of Director Jimmy, but there is really no time to waste. We have to find a suitable replacement," Clavano said.

MÁS HISTORIAS DE The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

LRT-2 expands free parking for train-riding motorists

The Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA) has announced that it will expand the complimentary parking service at Legarda Station for train-riding motorists starting Monday.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

ETIQUETTE FOR HOSPITAL VISITORS AND DEALING WITH AGGRAVATIONS ON THE ROAD

Visiting kin or friends confined in the hospital may be a warm gesture or a nuisance, depending on one’s behavior.

time to read

5 mins

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

Two down, two to go for Knicks

Josh Hart scored a playoff career-high 26 points, Jalen Brunson had 19 points and 14 assists, and the New York Knicks moved halfway to their first NBA Finals appearance since 1999 by beating the Cleveland Cavaliers 109-93 on Thursday night.

time to read

1 mins

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

PNP readies rainy season disaster response measures

In anticipation of the start of the rainy season next month, the Philippine National Police (PNP) has activated disaster preparedness measures to protect vulnerable communities.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

Livestock, poultry gains to cushion farm slump

Sustained gains in the livestock and poultry sectors are expected to help offset this year’s slump in agricultural production, according to the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA).

time to read

1 mins

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Trump hails end of Colbert show

US President Donald Trump hailed the end of “The Late Show” on Friday and derided its frontman Stephen Colbert as the program concluded a decade-long run after being axed by broadcaster CBS.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

DMW reports repatriating 10,012 OFWs from Middle East

The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) has repatriated 10,012 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who were affected by the conflict in the Middle East.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

11 Toboso clash fatalities test positive for gunpowder — PNP

Eleven of 19 people killed in a series of encounters in Toboso, Negros Occidental last month have tested positive for gunpowder, according to the Philippine National Police.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Diouf, Means get naturalized

Two measures granting Philippine citizenship to Gilas Pilipinas prospects have lapsed into law.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

DHSUD, Pag-IBIG visit Laguna condo project, hand owners keys

Officials of the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development and Pag-IBIG Fund conducted a site inspection and ceremonial turnover of housing units under President Marcos’ Expanded Pambansang Pabahay para sa Pilipino Program in Cabuyao, Laguna, on Thursday.

time to read

2 mins

May 23, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size