Vuélvete ilimitado con Magzter GOLD

Vuélvete ilimitado con Magzter GOLD

Obtenga acceso ilimitado a más de 9000 revistas, periódicos e historias Premium por solo

$149.99
 
$74.99/Año

Intentar ORO - Gratis

Refusal of plans to build two new homes in village

The Gazette

|

June 04, 2025

A DEVELOPER has lost an appeal against a council's decision to turn down its proposal for 135 homes in Wynyard.

- By GARETH LIGHTFOOT

Cameron Hall Developments and Banks Homes asked for planning permission to build the two to five-bedroom homes in Wynyard Village.

However, residents objected to the scheme and Stockton Council’s planning committee rejected the proposal, against its officers’ recommendation, in May last year, saying the plans went too far.

The plans had attracted 65 objections saying it was overdevelopment which would cause traffic congestion and be out of keeping with Wynyard.

Councillors on the committee agreed after finding that if the scheme and other plans were approved, the number of new homes in the area would shoot up from 500 to 767, a rise of more than 50%.

Cameron Hall Developments Ltd has since appealed against the committee's decision, saying their reason for refusal was “not justified”.

It would deliver “high quality well designed dwellings” with “a landscaped residential environment of the highest quality’; open space, tree-lined streets, an extended recreational route and a pedestrian and cycle link to the Castle Eden Walkway, which “not only preserves the overall character and appeal of Wynyard Village but also enhances it’ said Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP, stating the case on behalf of the developer.

MÁS HISTORIAS DE The Gazette

The Gazette

The Gazette

Strelec set to return but defenders still missing

MIDDLESBROUGH have been handed a fitness boost ahead of Derby County's visit today, with David Strelec expected to be back in the squad.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

Island in the limelight

IF YOU MISSED THE BOAT THIS SUMMER, NOW'S THE PERFECT TIME TO HEAD TO MENORCA, SAYS SAMANTHA WOSTEAR

time to read

3 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

The Gazette

Max says Norris will feel pressure

FORMULA ONE Max Verstappen has told Lando Norris that if he was driving his McLaren the world championship would “easily” be over.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

Remote control

COERCIVE THEO MANIPULATES BATTERED TODD INTO ISOLATING HIMSELF IN THE FLAT... BUT IS THE GAME UP?

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

Victim says partner's brutal attacks felt like 'living in horror film'

A DRUNKEN Middlesbrough thug left his partner feeling like she was living in “a horror film” after subjecting her to a series of violent attacks.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

Hellberg vows to give every player a chance to prove

KIM Hellberg says every Middlesbrough player will have a clean slate and an opportunity to impress him over the coming weeks, as he gets to know his squad.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

Ditching first day rights for workers 'not U-turn'

THE government's decision to abandon day-one workers’ rights against unfair dismissal is not a U-turn and does not break Labour's election manifesto, a senior Cabinet minister has insisted.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

Merger of two GP practices is confirmed

HEALTH chiefs have approved a merger between two Teesside GP practices.

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

The Gazette

England are facing a pink-ball ‘lottery’

ENGLAND'S hopes of levelling the Ashes scoreline are at the mercy of a pink-ball “lottery”, according to Stuart Broad.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

The Gazette

Woman dies after being hit by lorry

POLICE ISSUE APPEAL TO ANY WITNESSES OF A66 INCIDENT

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size