Intentar ORO - Gratis
Call on De Bruyne future is key in a big 2025 for City
MEN on Sunday
|October 13, 2024
2025 is set to be a year of change at Manchester City.
Txiki Begiristain is set to leave, Pep Guardiola's deal expires in June, and there are those outstanding 115 charges from the Premier League that will have significant ramifications for City's relationship with the league they have dominated, whatever the result.
There is the Club World Cup that will see City as one of the star attractions at the expanded tournament that Fifa are pinning so much on amid consistent pushback from players and managers over the everincreasing schedule. And there will be decisions to be made on some City legends, too, with Ilkay Gundogan and Kevin De Bruyne out of contract.
De Bruyne was subject to intense reports over the summer that he may leave, with the Saudi Pro League strongly linked. In the end, Guardiola cooled those reports on tour and De Bruyne remained at City, now into the final year of his contract.
In theory, he would be free to sign a deal with a new club from January, and he offered an update on his expectations last month. So where do City stand on De Bruyne's future?
WHAT HAS DE BRUYNE SAID?
De Bruyne set the rumour mill into overdrive over the summer when he admitted his head would be turned by an 'absurd' offer from Saudi Arabia, and he hardly shut those reports down when he later tried to clarify his position.
In the end, no offer came, and he later said that he did not speak to any club over the summer.
Speaking after City's win at West Ham last month, De Bruyne insisted: "There has been a lot of noises and news. I've not been entertained by anybody or spoken to anybody." In terms of looking at a new contract, De Bruyne confirmed no talks had taken place over the summer while the transfer window was still open.
Esta historia es de la edición October 13, 2024 de MEN on Sunday.
Suscríbete a Magzter GOLD para acceder a miles de historias premium seleccionadas y a más de 9000 revistas y periódicos.
¿Ya eres suscriptor? Iniciar sesión
MÁS HISTORIAS DE MEN on Sunday
MEN on Sunday
Free roast not Toby missed
A PUB chain is offering free roast dinners next month - but only for people named Toby or Tabitha.
1 min
November 30, 2025
MEN on Sunday
Ref, 85, not ready for a send off yet
Match official in his 66th season
2 mins
November 30, 2025
MEN on Sunday
Driver avoids jail over horror smash
Victim, 21, left with 'catastrophic' injuries after he was hit by speeding BMW
3 mins
November 23, 2025
MEN on Sunday
Little boy's chance of Xmas at home
Lad, 5, who has spent most of his life in hospital could get to go home for festive feast thanks to generous offer
3 mins
November 23, 2025
MEN on Sunday
Nine restaurants make top 100 list
A HOST of restaurants have been recognised in a prestigious food guide.
1 mins
November 16, 2025
MEN on Sunday
Express delivers
Chris Slater takes his daughter on a thrilling adventure
4 mins
November 16, 2025
MEN on Sunday
Sara's marathon advice from her Bolton buddies
SARA Cox has been getting advice from some people in the know ahead of her mammoth Children In Need challenge.
1 min
November 09, 2025
MEN on Sunday
The taxing issue to charge city visitors
THERE were two titanic clashes in Manchester on Wednesday night.
3 mins
November 09, 2025
MEN on Sunday
'I had no idea who Gordon Bennett was...'
American reveals struggles with slang after making the move to Manchester
2 mins
November 09, 2025
MEN on Sunday
Hunt for m-way yobs
POLICE patrols have been stepped up after several incidents of missiles being launched at drivers.
1 min
November 09, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

