Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE
This is a gluten-free dessert perfect for adults! Take a bite and savor all the delightful flavors, including chocolate and fresh strawberries.
3 cups brewed coffee, warm
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
1 (5.3 ounce) package Schar Ladyfingers
1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon dark rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh strawberries, tops removed
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
1 (4 ounce) bar semisweet chocolate
1. In a large bowl, whisk together coffee and 1 tablespoon sugar. Dip half the package of ladyfingers, about 7 cookies, one by one into the sweetened coffee. Remove quickly in order for them to keep a firm consistency. Arrange along the bottom of an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the mascarpone cheese, heavy whipping cream, remaining sugar, rum, vanilla extract and strawberries. Pulse until smooth and strawberries are chopped.
3. Top the ladyfingers on the prepared pan with half the mascarpone mixture and flatten into an even layer. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
4. Dip the remaining ladyfingers into the sweetened coffee and arrange on top of the cocoa powder. Top with the remaining mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
5. Shave the chocolate bar over the cocoa powder to cover the entire top of the tiramisu and refrigerate overnight before serving.
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE, CORN-FREE
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories, newspapers and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE