Denemek ALTIN - Özgür
Israeli strikes across Gaza kill over 300 Palestinians and shatter ceasefire
Mint Kolkata
|March 19, 2025
Israeli PM ordered the strikes after Hamas refused demands to change the ceasefire deal
Israel launched airstrikes across the Gaza Strip early Tuesday, killing at least 326 Palestinians, including women and children, according to hospital officials. The surprise bombardment shattered a ceasefire in place since January and threatened to fully reignite the 17-month-old war.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the strikes after Hamas refused Israeli demands to change the ceasefire agreement. Officials said the operation was open-ended and was expected to expand. The White House said it had been consulted and voiced support for Israel's actions.
The Israeli military ordered people to evacuate eastern Gaza, including much of the northern town of Beit Hanoun and other communities further south, and head toward the centre of the territory, indicating that Israel could soon launch renewed ground operations.
"Israel will, from now on, act against Hamas with increasing military strength," Netanyahu's office said.
The attack during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan could resume a war that has already killed tens of thousands of Palestinians and caused widespread destruction across Gaza. It also raised questions about the fate of the roughly two dozen Israeli hostages held by Hamas who are believed to still be alive.
A senior Hamas official said Netanyahu's decision to return to war amounts to a "death sentence" for the remaining hostages. Izzat al-Risheq accused Netanyahu of launching the strikes to try and save his far-right governing coalition and called on mediators to "reveal facts" on who broke the truce.
There were no reports of any attacks by Hamas several hours after the bombardment, indicating it still hoped to restore the truce.
Bu hikaye Mint Kolkata dergisinin March 19, 2025 baskısından alınmıştır.
Binlerce özenle seçilmiş premium hikayeye ve 9.000'den fazla dergi ve gazeteye erişmek için Magzter GOLD'a abone olun.
Zaten abone misiniz? Oturum aç
Mint Kolkata'den DAHA FAZLA HİKAYE
Mint Kolkata
Indian IT slashes spending on lobbying in the US
Indian IT slashes spending on lobbying in the US had incurred lobbying costs of $90,000 in 2022 as against $210,000 in 2020. It has not employed any lobbying services since 2022.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
Apple’s 5th India store to open in Noida soon
Apple announced on Friday it will open its fifth retail store in India on 1 December in Noida's DLF Mall of India—marking its second store in the National Capital Region after Delhi, which opened in April 2023.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
Inside Bengaluru's quiet recycling revolution
Stories from the alleys and gullies of India
4 mins
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
The beauty and sadness of living in the hills
In ‘Called by the Hills’, her first book-length non-fiction work, Anuradha Roy pays a literary and painterly tribute to her home in the Himalayas
5 mins
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
Fiscal deficit widens on higher capex, lower tax
India’s fiscal deficit for the April-October period rose on higher capital expenditure and lower net tax revenue.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
Inside Bengaluru’s quiet recycling revolution
Stories from the alleys and gullies of India
5 mins
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
'The Family Man' S3: Agent down
The new season of the popular spy thriller series starring Manoj Bajpayee feels like a hedged bet
4 mins
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
Fiscal deficit up on capex, lower tax
during the period, or 55.1% of the annual estimate for FY26, compared to %4.67 trillion or 42% ofthe annual estimate during the year-ago period.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
Equity treatment for Reits from 1 Jan
From 1 January 2026, any money put into Reits (real estate investment funds) by mutual funds and specialized investment funds (SIFs) will be treated as equity-linked investments.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Mint Kolkata
Former DBS CEO is Temasek India’s new non-exec chair
Piyush Gupta, the former chief executive of DBS Group, has joined Singaporean state-owned multinational investment firm Temasek as India chairman, albeit in a non-executive role, and will work with Ravi Lambah, head of India and strategic initiatives, the firm said, He will join on 1 December.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

