Denemek ALTIN - Özgür
Not only 34, but as many as 100 'sabungeros' may have been killed since 2021 - DOJ
Manila Bulletin
|June 26 2025
There may have been as many as 100 “sabungeros” or cockfight enthusiasts who have already been killed since 2021 for a fee of P500,000 for each contract to kill, Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Jesus Crispin C. Remulla said on Wednesday, June 25.
Remulla said a suspect has alleged that “there are more than 34; there must be a hundred of them.”
The suspect, who is now in government custody, and who plans to turn state witness, had earlier been identified as a certain “Totoy,” a security guard at the Manila Arena in Sta. Ana, Manila.
“Totoy”, who was described as one of the trusted persons of the killers, had earlier revealed that some of the missing victims, who were alleged cheaters in cockfighting games, were killed and dumped into the Taal Lake in Batangas.
Remulla said the case of the “sabungeros” needs the attention of the people and the country, as whole.
He said he learned from “Totoy” that there were vouchers given to killers so they could be paid for the job.
Bu hikaye Manila Bulletin dergisinin June 26 2025 baskısından alınmıştır.
Binlerce özenle seçilmiş premium hikayeye ve 9.000'den fazla dergi ve gazeteye erişmek için Magzter GOLD'a abone olun.
Zaten abone misiniz? Oturum aç
Manila Bulletin'den DAHA FAZLA HİKAYE
Manila Bulletin
5.7 M students to benefit from Free College Law next year
Around 5.7 million students in State Universities and Colleges (SUC) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUC) are expected to benefit from the Free College Law next year, Senator Paolo “Bam” Aquino IV said on Friday, Nov. 28.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
What makes Northern Mindanao a memorable destination?
How community-based tourism leaves lasting memories
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Manila joins CPTPP aspirants list
The formal process to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) could begin next year for the Philippines after its membership bid was recognized by the bloc's top brass, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
ICC rejects Duterte's release
The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has unanimously confirmed the decision rejecting the request for former president Rodrigo Duterte's interim release, ruling once again that his detention remains necessary.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Diesel price may be rolled back by ₱3.20
Motorists are set for a steep drop in fuel prices, a respite after months of price volatility.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Tariff headwinds fail to halt record exports
Despite lingering United States (US) tariff headwinds, the Philippines’ goods exports during the first 10 months of 2025 reached a new record high, while imports recorded the second-highest level on record, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Marcos goes after Zaldy Co's air assets; Alcantara returns ₱110 M
President Marcos has ordered transport and aviation authorities to coordinate with their counterparts in Malaysia and Singapore to track down helicopters and aircraft allegedly linked to former congressman Zaldy Co, saying the government will not allow stolen public assets to be used to evade the law.
4 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Nuclear not threat to JERA's PH LNG
Transition energy giant JERA Co. Inc. sees the growing openness of multilateral development banks (MDBs) to finance nuclear power as complementary—not a threat—to its liquefied natural gas (LNG) business, as both technologies can play distinct roles in helping developing countries like the Philippines manage the “energy trilemma” of security, affordability, and sustainability, according to a top official.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Mickey Mouse and friends take over Singapore
Changi Airport and Jewel unveil Disney's year-end activities
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
PBBM, Isko, open new health, housing facilities in Manila
President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso unveiled a series of major health and housing facilities in the city on Thursday, Nov. 27, highlighting Manila's rapid expansion of public services through new laboratories, clinics, hospitals, and in-city housing projects.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

