VEGO DELIGHT BURGER
MAKES 6 PREP 10 MINS COOK 20 MINS
- 250g butternut pumpkin, peeled, 1cm slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 11/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 400g can butterbeans, drained, rinsed
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 180g halloumi, sliced
- 4 bread rolls, halved
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- small mint leaves, veggie chips, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Toss pumpkin with 1 tbsp oil on the tray. Season. Bake 10-15 mins until tender.
3. Mash peas and beans. Stir in zucchini, flour, and egg. Season. Shape into four even-sized patties.
4. In a large frying pan, heat the rest of the oil on high. Fry patties 2-3 mins each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel.
5. In the same pan, cook halloumi on high for 1-2 mins on each side until golden.
6. Top each roll base with combined sour cream and sauce, pumpkin, patties, halloumi, and mint. Serve with veggie chips and mint leaves.
SPICY LENTIL BOLOGNESE
SERVES 4 PREP 15 MINS COOK 20 MINS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup red wine (or chicken stock)
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 400g jar arrabbiata sauce
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 375g linguine
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- finely grated parmesan, basil leaves, to serve
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute onion 5 mins until tender. Add carrot, capsicum, zucchini, and garlic. Stir-fry for 4 mins until fragrant. Add red wine and dried herbs. Cook 30 secs until wine almost evaporated.
2. Add arrabbiata sauce, tomatoes, and sugar. Bring to boil on high. Reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, 15 mins until sauce reduced slightly.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook linguine following packet directions until al dente. Drain. Set aside.
4. Stir lentils into tomato mixture. Cook 5 mins to heat through. Toss linguine through the sauce. Serve topped with parmesan and basil leaves.
MAKES 4 PREP + COOK 25 MINS
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the magazine
Shorty star Courtenay tells 'MY BATTLE WITH BINGE EATING'
Courtenay Louise reveals how returning to Aotearoa ended her painful struggle with an eating disorder
The Block NZ's Emmett ties the knot THERE WASN'T A DRY EYE IN THE HOUSE!
The besotted reno champ exchanged vows with the love of his life in an emotional autumn ceremony
SAVING AN ANGEL
After unimaginable tragedy, brave mum Tamica is celebrating every moment
ANNA'S LOOKALIKE DAUGHTER!
Larry's daughter is the spitting image of her late mum.
SALMA & CHANNING'S FLIRTFEST!
The pair got flirty on the set of Magic Mike 3.
Dashing dancer Rhys Mathewson 'MEET MY BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!'
The Dancing With The Stars NZ favourite introduces his leading lady - his new wife Chelsea
BRITNEY'S PRENUP TURNS TOXIC
They're expecting a baby together and she already refers to him as her "husband", but Britney Spears and Sam Asghari's wedding plans have hit a rocky patch, with the personal trainer demanding their prenuptial arrangement include a hefty pay-out.
'I should have been born with fins!'
Move over, Ariel - free diver Alana loves to relax 60 metres under the sea
Charlene's $18 MILLION SCANDAL
Shock new claims have surfaced about the royal's sudden reappearance in Monaco
KIM SHEDDING FOR WEDDING NO. 4!
Kim will do "anything" to be a blooming bride.