Facebook Pixel Dy wants to end House flood control probe | The Philippine Star - newspaper - Lees dit verhaal op Magzter.com
Ga onbeperkt met Magzter GOLD

Ga onbeperkt met Magzter GOLD

Krijg onbeperkte toegang tot meer dan 9000 tijdschriften, kranten en Premium-verhalen voor slechts

$149.99
 
$74.99/Jaar

Poging GOUD - Vrij

Dy wants to end House flood control probe

The Philippine Star

|

September 23, 2025

Results of the investigation of the House of Representatives’ infrastructure committee, even if limited and partial, should be turned over to the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICC) created by President Marcos to investigate anomalous flood control projects, according to Speaker Faustino Dy III.

- DELON PORCALLA

“If only I were to decide on the matter, results or all of the investigation undertaken by the infra-comm, all the reports and what transpired there during the probe, should be submitted to the ICI," Dy told reporters in a chance interview.

"This is because most of our fellowmen don't believe whatever is being investigated here. That's why we should submit everything to ICI," the new House leader said.

Prior to the Speaker's pronouncements, House Deputy Speaker Janette Garin hinted that the infracomm chaired by Rep. Terry Ridon of Bicol Saro party-list would end its hearings, shortly after Leyte Rep.

Martin Romualdez tendered his resignation as speaker.

The Iloilo City first district congresswoman said that even before Romualdez stepped down, he had already instructed the three panels comprising the infra-comm to halt their hearings, except for discussions on possible measures to prevent corrupt schemes from recurring.

Romualdez said the infra-committee must step aside for the ICI.

"Actually when the ICI was formed, it was Speaker Romualdez who called on the leaders and the political parties, and asked: 'Do we still need the infra-comm?' And he said it might be better to stop the probe so that the investigation would not be confusing," Garin said.

Based on her understanding, Garin said Dy will respect the directive issued by Romualdez.

MEER VERHALEN VAN The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Phl loses P151 B revenue to illicit tobacco trade - report

The Philippine government may have lost $2.5 billion (around P151 billion) in revenues over the past two years due to rampant illicit cigarette and e-vape trade, funds that could have been used to address the Middle East crisis, a new report said.

time to read

1 min

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

NFA misses buffer stock procurement target in Q1

The National Food Authority (NFA) missed its unhusked rice procurement target of 313,315 metric tons (MT) from January to early-May, amid aggressive palay purchases from private traders.

time to read

1 mins

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

DOE: More rotating power outages expected

Filipinos should brace for more rotational blackouts this year as yellow and red alerts are likely to persist in the coming months amid the looming threat of El Niño, according to the Department of Energy (DOE).

time to read

1 min

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Global purple craze brightens hopes for Phl ube farmers

Back in Cosme's farm in Barangay Sapang Uwak, the ube industry's problems are painfully real.

time to read

3 mins

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Gas, diesel prices up; kerosene down

Motorists face another round of fuel price hikes today, although the Department of Energy (DOE) continues to regulate pricing computations to prevent excessive increases.

time to read

1 mins

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

SM CELEBRATES WORLD BOOK DAY AT THE BOOK NOOK NORTH EDGA

There's a whole world of books out there, and through books you can discover the world. Reading makes dreamers and optimists out of us, sets us on the right paths and helps us charter our way through uncertain seas. Pick up a book and get into its story, and suddenly you are not alone.

time to read

2 mins

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Palace: Senate was never under attack

Contrary to claims made by Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano and other members of the new majority bloc, the Senate was not under attack, Malacañang maintained yesterday.

time to read

2 mins

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

DR. GOOGLE' STRIKES AGAIN: WHY THE INTERNET THINKS YOU'RE DYING

There was a time when patients entered clinics carrying laboratory results.

time to read

4 mins

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Cayetano keeps Senate presidency, for now

Amid rumors of a coup against Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano’s majority, the chamber started session yesterday with his leadership intact but with Senators Juan Miguel Zubiri and JV Ejercito formally joining the minority.

time to read

1 mins

May 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Senate impeachment court summons Sara

The Senate has officially convened as an impeachment court to try Vice President Sara Duterte, ordering her to file her response to the Articles of Impeachment within 10 days.

time to read

3 mins

May 19, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size