Ga onbeperkt met Magzter GOLD

Ga onbeperkt met Magzter GOLD

Krijg onbeperkte toegang tot meer dan 9000 tijdschriften, kranten en Premium-verhalen voor slechts

$149.99
 
$74.99/Jaar

Poging GOUD - Vrij

Court papers reveal Kibble feasibility study on Saints-owned site

Paisley Daily Express

|

June 14, 2025

Kibble was considering St Mirren FC-owned land as a possible location for its wellbeing centre, court documents suggest.

- EDEL KENEALY

Court papers reveal Kibble feasibility study on Saints-owned site

Papers, put before the Court of Session in Edinburgh, reveal the children's charity commissioned a feasibility study of the Ferguslie Park site as a potential location for its wellbeing centre.

It had, the court was told, identified land to the north of the SMISA stadium as a potential location, as well as sites in Lochwinnoch and Paisley.

Architecture firm Stallan-Brand was instructed to carry out the feasibility study in September 2021 - 18 months after Kibble secured a 27.5 per cent stake in St Mirren FC (SMFC).

Kibble refused to comment on the feasibility study as part of a detailed inquiry which was submitted by the Express this week.

The documents were put before the Court of Session as part of a defamation case brought by Kibble chief executive Jim Gillespie and Mark MacMillan, Kibble's director of corporate services.

The pair - who represent Kibble on the Buddies board - lodged a defamation case against Mr Wardrop who claimed the men had acted dishonestly.

He alleged they were using Kibble's position as a shareholder in St Mirren to push through secret plans for the wellbeing centre on land owned by the football club.

Last week, Judge Clark ruled the Kibble bosses had no "secret plan" to build on the land and, further, that they had not lied to "cover up" their actions. He also found that Mr Gillespie and Mr MacMillan had no plan to buy the shares in SMFC in order to obtain that land.

Mr Wardrop was found to have defamed Mr Gillespie and Mr MacMillan on this basis.

MEER VERHALEN VAN Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

Max says Norris will feel pressure

FORMULA ONE Max Verstappen has told Lando Norris that if he was driving his McLaren the world championship would \"easily\" be over.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Chiefs could face 'stark choices' over care cuts

Vulnerable residents in East Renfrewshire could face significant cuts to their care, as health chiefs warn of stark choices ahead due to a \"perfect storm\".

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

THIS MAN DISCOVERED JESUS

Tomorrow is the first Sunday in Advent as we start our happy journey towards Christmas.

time to read

3 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Rapist will serve four years for sex attack on woman

CONNOR GORDON A murderer who raped a woman in a laundry room has had his prison term extended by four years.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

England are facing a pink-ball ‘lottery’

ENGLAND'S hopes of levelling the Ashes scoreline are at the mercy of a pink-ball “lottery”, according to Stuart Broad.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Accord Lottery jackpot

The lucky winner of the £500 accord jackpot prize in this week's Accord Lottery is ticket number 38169 from Paisley.

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

France will intercept small boats in Channel

FRANCE has agreed tactics to intercept small boats in the Channel, according to reports.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Renfrewshire highly rated area to live in

People in Renfrewshire highly rate the area as a place to live, according to new research.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Shamal: Lack of goals is one of Saints' problems

Shamal George has pointed to the lack of goals being one of St Mirren's main issues.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Prostate cancer test verdict blow

MEN with a known genetic risk should be screened for prostate cancer every two years, but population-wide testing is not recommended because of the “harms” of overdiagnosis and overtreatment, a committee advising the Government has said.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size