Ga onbeperkt met Magzter GOLD

Ga onbeperkt met Magzter GOLD

Krijg onbeperkte toegang tot meer dan 9000 tijdschriften, kranten en Premium-verhalen voor slechts

$149.99
 
$74.99/Jaar

Poging GOUD - Vrij

Government's disaster response: Delivering hope, rebuilding lives

Manila Bulletin

|

October 8, 2025

Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. September left our nation reeling with Typhoons Mirasol, Nando, and Opong. On the last day of the month, disaster struck as a magnitude 6.9 quake shook Cebu and nearby provinces.

According to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC), as of Oct. 3, this series of weather disturbances affected more than 1.209 million families and almost 4.6 million persons, leaving 107 areas in a state of calamity, with an estimated damage to infrastructure at more than P1.84 billion, and to agriculture at more than P2.31 billion. Meanwhile, as of Oct. 5, the earthquake affected 128,464 families, or 455,631 persons, leaving 71 dead and 559 injured. Damaged houses numbered 18,154, while damaged infrastructure reached 713. The devastation was widespread, it left 53 cities and municipalities under a State of Calamity.

On behalf of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), I would like to extend our deepest condolences and prayers to the families who lost loved ones. And, to all who are enduring these tragedies, we pray for your strength. Please know that we, in the administration of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. (PBBM), are here for you. We have your back. We will do everything we can to help you during this very difficult time.

In fact, the President was in Masbate and Bogo City last week to assess the situation and give assistance. He directed all government agencies to implement a whole-of-government approach to speed up aid and recovery efforts for the victims of these recent calamities. I agree with the President that during these critical moments, government aid must never be delayed.

MEER VERHALEN VAN Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

5.7 M students to benefit from Free College Law next year

Around 5.7 million students in State Universities and Colleges (SUC) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUC) are expected to benefit from the Free College Law next year, Senator Paolo “Bam” Aquino IV said on Friday, Nov. 28.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

What makes Northern Mindanao a memorable destination?

How community-based tourism leaves lasting memories

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

Manila joins CPTPP aspirants list

The formal process to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) could begin next year for the Philippines after its membership bid was recognized by the bloc's top brass, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

ICC rejects Duterte's release

The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has unanimously confirmed the decision rejecting the request for former president Rodrigo Duterte's interim release, ruling once again that his detention remains necessary.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Diesel price may be rolled back by ₱3.20

Motorists are set for a steep drop in fuel prices, a respite after months of price volatility.

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Tariff headwinds fail to halt record exports

Despite lingering United States (US) tariff headwinds, the Philippines’ goods exports during the first 10 months of 2025 reached a new record high, while imports recorded the second-highest level on record, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

Marcos goes after Zaldy Co's air assets; Alcantara returns ₱110 M

President Marcos has ordered transport and aviation authorities to coordinate with their counterparts in Malaysia and Singapore to track down helicopters and aircraft allegedly linked to former congressman Zaldy Co, saying the government will not allow stolen public assets to be used to evade the law.

time to read

4 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Nuclear not threat to JERA's PH LNG

Transition energy giant JERA Co. Inc. sees the growing openness of multilateral development banks (MDBs) to finance nuclear power as complementary—not a threat—to its liquefied natural gas (LNG) business, as both technologies can play distinct roles in helping developing countries like the Philippines manage the “energy trilemma” of security, affordability, and sustainability, according to a top official.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Mickey Mouse and friends take over Singapore

Changi Airport and Jewel unveil Disney's year-end activities

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

PBBM, Isko, open new health, housing facilities in Manila

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso unveiled a series of major health and housing facilities in the city on Thursday, Nov. 27, highlighting Manila's rapid expansion of public services through new laboratories, clinics, hospitals, and in-city housing projects.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size