Poging GOUD - Vrij
DPWH finds 421 ghost projects
Manila Bulletin
|October 10, 2025
ICI may probe 'haunted' hospital, overpriced farm roads - Palace
A total of 421 out of 8,000 inspected flood control projects around the country are "ghost projects" or practically nonexistent, Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Vince Dizon disclosed on Thursday, Oct. 9.
After spending several days on the field validating flood control projects that were tagged as "completed" in the agency's record, Dizon returned to the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) headquarters to report his findings.
With the help of the Department of Economy, Planning, and Development (DEPDev) or previously the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) as well as of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP), Dizon said they found that hundreds of supposedly completed flood control projects do not exist at all.
And most of them are in Luzon, Dizon said.
"That's just the initial number.
But we will not give more details because ICI has requested that in order for them to investigate properly, they have to zero in on the ghost projects," Dizon said in a press conference, He added that more such projects may be discovered once DPWH inspects more flood control works.
The DPWH and its partner agencies are now focusing on ghost projects because they are the ones that are easy to cite for case buildup.
Dit verhaal komt uit de October 10, 2025-editie van Manila Bulletin.
Abonneer u op Magzter GOLD voor toegang tot duizenden zorgvuldig samengestelde premiumverhalen en meer dan 9000 tijdschriften en kranten.
Bent u al abonnee? Aanmelden
MEER VERHALEN VAN Manila Bulletin
Manila Bulletin
Timberwolves escape Celtics
Anthony Edwards scored 39 points, including an unlikely 3-pointer that sealed the game, and the Minnesota Timberwolves held off the Boston Celtics 119-115 on Saturday, Nov. 29.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
QUBE Smart Lockers officially activated at San Lorenzo Place Mall, expanding Makati's smart city ecosystem
UBE Smart Technology Corp. marked a new milestone in its nationwide smart city initiative with the official activation of the QUBE Smart Locker at San Lorenzo Place Mall in Makati City on November 17, 2025. The launch represents QUBE's continued commitment to simplifying how Filipinos work, live, and play by integrating smart, secure, and user-centric technologies into everyday urban environments.
2 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Marcos, VP urge Filipinos to protect dignity, fight for justice
Emphasizing Gat Andres Bonifacio's courage, nationalism, and unwavering fight against injustice, President Marcos urged the nation to draw inspiration from him in protecting their dignity and embracing their duties.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
SEC reforms boost biz setup despite dip in new firm count
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reported 43,185 new corporate registrations as of the end of October, reflecting sustained entrepreneurial activity despite a slight dip from the previous year.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
LTFRB braces for more passengers in December
As more people start traveling to and from the provinces for the holidays, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) ordered all its regional offices to start preparing and implementing all the contingency measures to ensure passenger comfort and safety.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Zaldy Co tells PBBM: Escudero pushed for ₱150-B insertion in 2025 budget
Former Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Zaldy Co - in a letter to President Marcos that he recently shared to his Facebook followers - claimed that then-Senate President Francis \"Chiz\" Escudero aggressively pushed for the Senate's P150-billion insertion in the proposed 2025 national budget.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
8 Cebu City officials charged in P200-M malversation case
Eleven persons, eight of them officials of the Cebu City government, have been charged with non-bailable offense of malversation of public funds involving P200 million paid to a garbage collector in 2021.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Rhodessa M. Belen celebrates empowerment & leadership
Just days before gracefully passing on the illustrious title of Mrs. Asia Pacific Intercontinental 2024 Rhodessa Montano Belen found herself reflecting on a remarkable journey.
2 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
DOH plan to use solar energy in public hospitals hailed
Saying that government should lead the efforts in tapping renewable energy (RE), Abralone district Rep. JB Bernos has expressed his support for the Department of Health's (DOH) plan to use solar energy in public hospitals and other health facilities.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Over 1,000 poor families to receive houses, lots from gov't
More than 1,000 families in Iloilo, Laguna and Quezon province will be given the best Christmas gift this December from the national government.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

