Prøve GULL - Gratis
Will there be another Cabinet shake-up?
The Philippine Star
|December 02, 2025
If the grapevine buzz is to be believed, two Cabinet secretaries, now finding themselves at the center of intrigues and corruption allegations, may soon be moved or removed.
Of course, we never really know until it happens, and if and when it really does become reality.
What is clear is that nobody is safe in the Marcos administration these days. You can be sitting comfortably in your office working, or at the Senate defending the budget process, and suddenly you get a call from someone more powerful than you, and then boom! You’re out.
Actually, even before this flood control mess erupted, we've seen sudden changes already since Marcos became president in 2022, with many in government suddenly thrown under the bus after delivering what was needed from them.
Take former Philippine National Police chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III, for instance, who months after putting Rody Duterte on a plane to The Hague, suddenly found himself sacked.
And then there’s the flood control mess. With the House of Marcos under siege because of the corruption scandal, we saw the sudden exit of “Little President” Lucas Bersamin as executive secretary and Amenah Pangandamanas the Budget department chief two weeks ago.
Both Bersamin and Pangandaman were implicated by former lawmaker Zaldy Co in the budget insertion controversy, alleging that the budget secretary personally contacted him, requesting, the insertion of P100 billion worth of projects in the bicameral conference committee. She denied the allegations. Bersamin, too, was said to have been involved but denied it.
Malacañang insists they resigned their posts out of delicadeza, although Bersamin had said he did not resign, while Pangandaman supposedly resigned — strangely, just minutes after defending the budget at the Senate last Nov. 17, with members of the Development Budget Coordination Committee in attendance.
Denne historien er fra December 02, 2025-utgaven av The Philippine Star.
Abonner på Magzter GOLD for å få tilgang til tusenvis av kuraterte premiumhistorier og over 9000 magasiner og aviser.
Allerede abonnent? Logg på
FLERE HISTORIER FRA The Philippine Star
The Philippine Star
Iran weighs peace proposal
Accuses US of ‘excessive demands’
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
‘Probe secret meeting at PNP custodial center’
With the possibility that other Philippine National Police officers might be involved, PNP chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. has ordered a deeper probe on the secret meeting last month between relatives of missing cockfight enthusiasts or sabungeros and the dismissed policemen implicated in the case.
1 min
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
GOCC subsidies hit P26.8 B in first quarter
Subsidies given to state-run firms grew by 18.8 percent in the first quarter, with the bulk going to the national irrigation agency, according to the Bureau of the Treasury.
1 min
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
EJAP forum to focus on Phl energy beyond crisis
Key government officials and industry leaders will convene at the Economic Journalists Association of the Philippines’ (EJAP) third energy forum to tackle the country’s long-term policy direction amid the ongoing global oil crisis.
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Execs of raided steel firm cry harassment
Officials of a steel manufacturing company based in Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental yesterday described as harassment the raid conducted on their facility by agents of the National Bureau of Investigation and the Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Commission as well as the military.
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Quezon Memorial Shrine lighted for 80th Phl-Australia celebrations
The Quezon Memorial Shrine in Quezon City was illuminated in green and gold on Friday evening to mark this year’s Philippines-Australia Friendship Day and the 80th anniversary of bilateral relations of the two countries.
1 min
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Naga intensifies drive vs cervical cancer
Naga Mayor Leni Robredo has vowed to intensify the local government’s campaign against cervical cancer, noting the alarmingly low screening rate and vaccination among women.
1 min
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Concepcion: Phl still on foreign investors’ radar
Foreign investors remain confident in the Philippines despite political uncertainties and a slowing economy, ASEAN Business Advisory Council (BAC) chairman Jose Ma. Concepcion III said.
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Water management urged as threat of El Niño looms
Farmers are urged to adopt water-saving technologies and adjust farm practices as a possible El Niño may bring prolonged dry conditions and below-normal rainfall in the coming months.
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Learning leadership lessons
Hindsight is always 20/20, and history serves as an invaluable teacher. Reflecting on his career journey, Matthew C. Read offers valuable insights that current and emerging leaders should consider.
3 mins
May 24, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size

