Facebook Pixel Maximum seizure of AK series guns in '25 | The New Indian Express Kozhikode - newspaper - Les denne historien på Magzter.com
Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Få ubegrenset tilgang til over 9000 magasiner, aviser og premiumhistorier for bare

$149.99
 
$74.99/År

Prøve GULL - Gratis

Maximum seizure of AK series guns in '25

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

|

January 07, 2026

Recovery of detonators jumped from 220 in 2024 to 804 last year, indicating increasing use of IEDs by terrorists

- MUKESH RANJAN @ New Delhi

EVEN as 2025 witnessed two deadly terror attacks in Pahalgam , J&K and Red Fort in Delhi - the year also saw the highest number of arms, ammunition, IEDs and explosive seizures in the country.

Government data shows that AK-series weapon recoveries, a key firearm used by militants, increased more than threefold in 2025. After remaining in low double digits for several years, AK-series seizures rose from 13 in 2024 to 40 in 2025, the highest recovery since 2020, pointing towards renewed attempts by terror modules to create troubles with military-grade assault rifles in the country, official sources said.

The Border Security Force (BSF), which guards India's borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh, has compiled the data and shared it with the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), sources said, adding that the trend showed that the country's adversaries have continuously been planning to push arms and have been making concerted efforts to create warlike arms store.

FLERE HISTORIER FRA The New Indian Express Kozhikode

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

Rajasthan, K’taka, MP key states for Cong to improve Rajya Sabha tally

POLITICAL parties are turning their focus to the Rajya Sabha polls, with 22 MPs set to retire in June 2026.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

Twisha probe hampered due to missing nylon belt, hunt goes on for husband

WHILE multiple teams of Bhopal Police continue searching across Madhya Pradesh and other states for advocate Samarth Singh in connection with the alleged dowry death of his former actor-model wife Twisha Sharma, a major lapse in the initial investigation has surfaced.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

Disciplined Army man of politics passes away

MAJOR General Bhuwan Chandra Khanduri (Retd), a towering figure in Uttarakhand’s political landscape and a transformative administrator known for his discipline and integrity, passed away at Max Hospital in Dehradun on Tuesday morning. He was 91.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

RETURN OF ARTEFACTS MUST CUE BETTER HERITAGE CARE

NOTHER priceless piece of heritage was handed back to India last week.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

COOLING WITHOUT SEALING

THE sun has set. Windows close, curtains are drawn and air conditioners hum across the city. As summers grow harsher, cooling has become less of a luxury than a necessity for many households.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

‘Made for Test cricket’, Rajasthan spinner Manav earns India call-up

‘‘IT was always a matter of when and not if.’’ Talk to anyone in Indian cricketing circles about Manav Suthar in the last two years, this is the line one would hear.

time to read

3 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

CAN'T KEEP FAILING OUR STUDENTS

HE cancellation of NEET-Undergraduate 2024 has pushed nearly 23 lakh students across India into uncertainty, anxiety and emotional distress.

time to read

3 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

Deeply concerned about harassment complaints, HI chief calls for meeting

WITH multiple sexual harassment charges coming to light, the Hockey India has called for emergency meeting to find a way forward.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

Cong didn't back operations against Maoists, says Shah

UNION Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday took a political swipe at the Congress, alleging that despite cooperation from several non-BJP governments in combating CPI (Maoist) insurgency, the Congress failed to support anti-Naxal operations in Chhattisgarh.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

The New Indian Express Kozhikode

Devastated 70-yr-old NEET aspirant wants reservation for seniors in exam

AMONG the 22.05 lakh candidates who agonised over the cancellation of the May NEET-UG 2026 exam is septuagenarian Ashok Bahar.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size