Facebook Pixel Nuno: Defensively we were much better. I'm proud that we have been able to improve | Nottingham Post - newspaper - Les denne historien på Magzter.com
Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Få ubegrenset tilgang til over 9000 magasiner, aviser og premiumhistorier for bare

$149.99
 
$74.99/År

Prøve GULL - Gratis

Nuno: Defensively we were much better. I'm proud that we have been able to improve

Nottingham Post

|

May 07, 2025

NOTTINGHAM Forest showed character as they came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace on Monday night.

Nuno: Defensively we were much better. I'm proud that we have been able to improve

And head coach Nuno Espirito Santo knows more of the same will be required in the Reds' final three games as they fight to secure Champions League qualification.

Their point in the capital leaves them two behind Chelsea, who they host at the City Ground on the final day of the season.

It was Murillo who came to the rescue for Forest against the Eagles as he equalised just four minutes after Eberechi Eze had opened the scoring from the spot.

Below is a look at what Reds head coach Nuno had to say after the final whistle at Selhurst Park.

On the result and performance...

"It was positive in terms of improvement of performance from last week. Defensively we were much better. It is not easy to control Palace because they have such talented players and create problems.

"First half, we were in control and dominant and had good possession. Second half was different.

FLERE HISTORIER FRA Nottingham Post

Nottingham Post

Why Vitor is right man for Forest

ON Sunday afternoon, his team having seen their unbeaten run come to an end, Vitor Pereira stood in front of the Nottingham Forest fans at Old Trafford.

time to read

4 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

Nottingham Post

So much pride for boyhood fan ahead of trip to Wembley

‘SURREAL FEELING’ FOR BELSHAW BEFORE FINAL

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

Nottingham Post

Carlos admits defeat in bid for Wimbledon

TWO-TIME CHAMPION WITHDRAWS THROUGH INJURY

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

Nottingham Post

Ryan wants to TEA up Benn Las Vegas bout

BOXING Ryan Garcia says his world title fight with Conor Benn will take place in Las Vegas on September 12.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

Nottingham Post

Data suggesting there could be a lucky Clover

KIRKDALE can complete a hat-trick in the Try Unibet's New Improved Acca Boosts Handicap at Kempton.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

‘£100bn HS2 unlikely to be open until 2039’

HS2 could cost more than £100bn and may not open until 2039, Transport Secretary Heidi Alexander has announced.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

'High-end' chauffeur services for mayor have cost £9k in the past year

SHE SAYS IT IS BETTER USE OF HER TIME THAN HAVING TO DRIVE TO ENGAGEMENTS

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

Nottingham Post

City council set to silence 'nuisance' buskers following complaints about excessive noise

RESTRICTIONS COULD ALSO PUT AN END TO 'INTRUSIVE' STREET CHARITY COLLECTORS

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

Signs are there that at least one twin is growing up fast...

DOUBLE TROUBLE FOR A FIRST TIME DAD OF TWINS

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Nottingham Post

Nottingham Post

Attacking midfielder Isaque linked to Reds

NOTTINGHAM Forest are said to be eyeing up Shakhtar Donetsk attacking midfielder Isaque as they look ahead to a big summer.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size