Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Få ubegrenset tilgang til over 9000 magasiner, aviser og premiumhistorier for bare

$149.99
 
$74.99/År

Prøve GULL - Gratis

'No' to GBV

Capricorn Review

|

May 28, 2025

A GROUNDBREAKING gender-based violence and femicide (GBVF) peaceful march and imbizo held in Thohoyandou delivered a powerful message of unity, hope and decisive action.

- SILAS NDUVHENI

On Friday, over 2 000 community members joined the Deputy Minister of Police, Dr Polly Boshielo and other provincial government leaders in a united stand against crime and gender-based violence. The event was spearheaded by the Eyes of the Nation Foundation and supported by an unprecedented coalition of stakeholders. Among the dignitaries present were MEC for Transport and Community Safety Violet Mathye, Vhembe Mayor Freda Nkondo, Thulamela Mayor Sarah Rambuda, SAPS divisional commissioner for detectives and forensic services, Lt Gen Hilda Senthumule, and provincial police commissioner Lt Gen Thembi Hadebe along with her management team.

In her crime overview presentation, Hadebe acknowledged positive trends in several crime categories but expressed concern over the persistent high levels of sexual offences and house robberies in Thohoyandou. "People should not live in fear in their own homes, uncertain of who might come to rob, rape, or even kill them," she said.

FLERE HISTORIER FRA Capricorn Review

Capricorn Review

Capricorn Review

Women rising up

HUNDREDS of women gathered at Thavhani Mall during a Women's Shutdown on Friday to voice their frustration over the ongoing scourge of Gender-Based Violence and Femicide (GBVF).

time to read

2 mins

November 26, 2025

Capricorn Review

Delay in Radzuma brothers' murder, hijacking trial

THE long-running trial of the three Radzuma brothers who have been charged with murder, attempted murder and multiple car hijackings, faced yet another setback last Monday.

time to read

1 mins

November 26, 2025

Capricorn Review

REOFFENDERS: ‘Review system on parolees’

WITH the conviction and sentencing of Thinavhuyo Magogodela (40), a resident of Haluvhimbi village, to two life terms and an additional 20 years' imprisonment, local traditional leader Vhamusanda Thavhayavhathu Masikhwa was among the first to applaud the Sibasa Regional Court for “standing firm against those who terrorise communities and abuse women and children”.

time to read

2 mins

November 12, 2025

Capricorn Review

Learner attacks principal

VIOLENCE erupted at Swongozwi Secondary School in Madodonga last week when a learner attacked the school principal with a knife.

time to read

1 mins

November 05, 2025

Capricorn Review

Thugs stab 90-year-old woman in head

A 90-YEAR-OLD woman from Rabali is hospitalised after she was attacked and stabbed by two unknown men during a house robbery in the early hours of October 26.

time to read

1 min

November 05, 2025

Capricorn Review

Capricorn Review

One death is one too many

Alcohol abuse remains a major concern

time to read

1 mins

October 29, 2025

Capricorn Review

Storm leaves trail of destruction in villages

HEAVY rain and strong winds battered parts of ward nine in the Thulamela Municipality on Thursday evening, leaving several households homeless, and destroying school uniforms, blankets and books.

time to read

1 mins

October 22, 2025

Capricorn Review

Fatal shooting of boy (17): Seek help, says top cop

PROVINCIAL police commissioner Lt Gen Thembi Hadebe has condemned the ongoing domestic violence-related incidents across the province, following a tragic shooting in Ha-Mutsha Tshitandani village under the Levubu policing area in Vhembe.

time to read

1 mins

October 22, 2025

Capricorn Review

42 dead after bus overturns on N1

A SECTION of the N1 North was still closed by Monday morning after a fatal bus incident next to the Ingwe Hotel turnoff between Louis Trichardt and Musina, that happened on Sunday afternoon.

time to read

1 mins

October 15, 2025

Capricorn Review

1 dead, 2 injured in shooting

PROVINCIAL police commissioner Lt Gen Thembi Hadebe has ordered an immediate and thorough investigation following a shooting that left one person dead and two others critically injured at Thengwe Matshetshete, under the Mutale policing area in Vhembe early on Saturday morning.

time to read

1 mins

October 15, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size