Facebook Pixel Foreign group seen taking majority stake in Dito CME | The Philippine Star - newspaper - Magzter.comでこの記事を読む
Magzter GOLDで無制限に

Magzter GOLDで無制限に

10,000以上の雑誌、新聞、プレミアム記事に無制限にアクセスできます。

$149.99
 
$74.99/年

試す - 無料

Foreign group seen taking majority stake in Dito CME

The Philippine Star

|

July 08, 2024

Davao-based businessman Dennis Uy could be poised to give up his controlling stake in listed holding company Dito CME Holdings Corp. in favor of a group backed by foreign investors.

- RICHMOND MERCURIO

An industry source familiar with the matter told The STAR that the plan is for the foreign investors-led group to take a majority share in Dito CME.

The source said the investors want to “go all in” on Dito CME.

“They are here to support the company,” the source said.

The source is referring to the group behind Summit Telco Holdings Corp., a newly incorporated holding company which subscribed to P3.3 billion worth of common shares of Dito CME in October last year.

The proceeds was fully invested by Dito CME in its operating subsidiary, Dito Telecommunity Corp., to comply with capital contribution commitments and support operations for the rollout of its telecommunications business.

Summit Telco Holdings is wholly owned by Singapore-registered Summit Telco Corp. Pte. Ltd., an existing shareholder of Dito CME.

The Philippine Star からのその他のストーリー

The Philippine Star

Dito's bleeding worsens, loss quadruples to P6.8 B

Davao-based businessman Dennis Uy’s telco venture remains in the red as its capital deficiency hit a new record of nearly P118 billion in the first quarter and its net loss widened more than fourfold to P6.76 billion, from P1.66 billion a year ago.

time to read

1 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

SC rejects Bato plea for TRO vs ICC arrest

As Sen. Ronald dela Rosa’s whereabouts remain unknown, the Supreme Court has rejected his petition for a temporary restraining order against his arrest on the strength of an International Criminal Court (ICC) warrant.

time to read

4 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

ICTSI borrows $300 M for greening efforts

Logistics giant International Container Terminal Services Inc. (ICTSI) is borrowing up to $300 million from Beijing-based multilateral Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) to finance its greening efforts.

time to read

1 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

Sara has until June 1 to answer impeach summons

Vice President Sara Duterte has until June 1 to formally answer her impeachment case, Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano announced yesterday, as her camp confirmed receiving the Senate summons.

time to read

2 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

Budget won't be abused again, DBM chief vows

Newly appointed Budget Secretary Kim Robert de Leon issued a strong warning yesterday against corruption and misuse of public funds, declaring that the government “will not allow the budget to be abused again for another flood control scandal.”

time to read

1 min

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

Global purple craze brightens hopes for PHL ube farmers

Charred remains of a tuber were found in two different cave sites in the Philippines dating back some 11,000 years ago.

time to read

3 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

Lufthansa expands land lease in Clark

The country’s biggest aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider is leasing more land in Clark to expand its available space, as it withdraws a high-value service in Manila.

time to read

1 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

Sotto pushes inquiry into Senate mayhem

Senate Minority Leader Vicente Sotto III has pushed for the convening of the Senate committee of the whole to investigate the May 13 shooting incident in the Senate.

time to read

2 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

Peso could recover below 60:$1 - BofA

The peso may return below the 60-per-dollar level by year-end if geopolitical tensions in the Middle East ease and oil-related inflation pressures subside, according to Bank of America.

time to read

2 mins

May 21, 2026

The Philippine Star

Chiz faces Comelec probe anew

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will conduct a full preliminary investigation on the alleged illegal campaign contributions involving former Senate president Francis Escudero, in response to a formal complaint filed by lawyer and vlogger Jesus Falcis.

time to read

1 mins

May 21, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size