試す - 無料

Daisy Ridley, Alden Ehrenreich's Rom-Com Begins Production

The Philippine Star

|

March 29, 2025

From a galaxy far, far away to the Philippine archipelago, the Filipino-produced Hollywood film "The Last Resort" has officially kicked off production in style at a posh island location in the country.

- MJ MARFORI

Daisy Ridley, Alden Ehrenreich's Rom-Com Begins Production

This week, we found ourselves lounging at the impressive PG1 Hangar of chairman Manny V. Pangilinan, where we welcomed "Star Wars" stars Daisy Ridley and Alden Ehrenreich. Their arrivals were two days apart — Daisy landed on March 26 from the United Kingdom, while Alden arrived just yesterday. Both actors boarded the first Pilatus jet in the country, an aircraft known for its short takeoffs and landings and the only private jet permitted to land at their remote filming location.

Daisy was accompanied by her husband, actor Tom Bateman, and they, too, couldn't resist taking photos of the impressive aircraft. She had been feeling under the weather in the past week, but the warm Philippine climate seemed to be doing her good as she casually chatted with yours truly about this monumental Hollywood project.

"I am just so excited to be in a project that is set here and is bringing eyes to the Philippines. Also, I have never done a rom-com before," she said.

Daisy became a household name for her portrayal of Rey in "Star Wars," leading the franchise's sequel trilogy. She made her debut in "The Force Awakens" (2015) as a scavenger from the desert planet Jakku, before returning in "The Last Jedi" (2017) and concluding her journey in "The Rise of Skywalker" (2019).

The good news? After "The Last Resort," Lucasfilm has confirmed that Daisy will reprise her role in a new "Star Wars" film set after "The Rise of Skywalker," focusing on Rey rebuilding the Jedi Order.

The Philippine Star からのその他のストーリー

The Philippine Star

Risa: United opposition bets named by year-end

The “united opposition” will announce by year-end the common candidates they will field in the 2028 general elections after Vice President Sara Duterte declared her bid for the presidency.

time to read

2 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Ceccarelli vows to get better

BORMIO, Italy - Francis Ceccarelli, the 22-year-old Fil-Italian skier in the 25th Winter Olympics, may be down-but certainly not out.

time to read

1 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

VP Sara: I'm running for president in 2028

Fourth impeach case filed vs VP

time to read

4 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Why pursuing SMPC's coal contract makes sense for big conglomerates

As the government gears up to auction Semirara Mining and Power Corp.

time to read

2 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

BBM on VP's bid: Good luck

Palace: Apologize for EJKs, DepEd issues

time to read

2 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

DA orders probe into farm input anomalies

The Department of Agriculture (DA) has ordered an investigation into the procurement and distribution of farm inputs and machinery after farmers exposed alleged multibillion-peso irregularities.

time to read

1 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

'Phl will accept only UNCLOS-based COC'

Only a Code of Conduct (COC) in the South China Sea anchored on the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) will be acceptable to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Philippines' top diplomat said.

time to read

2 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Landbank raises P50 B from ASENSO bond sale

State-run Land Bank of the Philippines has raised P50 billion from its Agriculture, Sustainability, Environment and Socioeconomic Development (ASENSO) bonds, following strong demand that prompted an early close of the offer.

time to read

1 min

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Fallible

This story hovered under the radar.

time to read

3 mins

February 19, 2026

The Philippine Star

Rody wants to waive right to attend ICC hearing

Saying he does not recognize the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court, former president Rodrigo Duterte has requested the waiver of his right to attend the upcoming ICC confirmation of charges hearings next week.

time to read

2 mins

February 19, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size