Magzter GOLDで無制限に

Magzter GOLDで無制限に

10,000以上の雑誌、新聞、プレミアム記事に無制限にアクセスできます。

$149.99
 
$74.99/年

試す - 無料

ICI, DOJ ready cases over flood control project mess

Manila Bulletin

|

October 14, 2025

At least 15 to 20 cases related to the anomalous flood control projects are set to be referred to the Ombudsman in the next two to three weeks, Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) officials said.

- By JOSEPH PEDRAJAS and JEFFREY DAMICOG

ICI, DOJ ready cases over flood control project mess

VOICE OF THE YOUTH -- Students of De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde stage a walkout protest on Monday, Oct. 13, 2025, taking to the streets to voice their concern on various campus and national issues, like corruption in government.

(Contributed photo)

Likewise, the Department of Justice (DOJ) bared that it is eyeing the filing of cases regarding the flood control projects mess in the coming weeks.

ICI Special Adviser Rodolfo Azurin and Executive Director Brian Hosaka announced in a press conference on Monday, Oct. 13, said those who will be initially charged may not include any high ranking government officials yet.

This developed after the body discovered 421 ghost or non-existent flood control projects from the 8,000 infrastructure projects that it had already inspected.

Despite the multiple times that several ranking government officials were name-dropped and linked to the anomalies during the recent congressional hearings, for now, only contractors and district engineers of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) may be charged, according to Azurin.

"As of now, we don't see any liable government officials yet," Azurin said when asked about the identities of any accountable ranking government officials.

Part of this, he said, was because only contractors and district engineers served as signatories of the project.

"But definitely, investigation starts from the bottom, at the district level. We'll follow the paper trail afterward," Azurin added.

Hosaka said the ICI relies on evidence gathered in recommending charges against any individual.

So far, 8,000 out of 29,800 flood control projects from 2016-2025 have been inspected by the DPWH and its partner agencies, such as the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the Philippine National Police (PNP), and the Department of Economy, Planning and Development (DEPDev).

Manila Bulletin からのその他のストーリー

Manila Bulletin

5.7 M students to benefit from Free College Law next year

Around 5.7 million students in State Universities and Colleges (SUC) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUC) are expected to benefit from the Free College Law next year, Senator Paolo “Bam” Aquino IV said on Friday, Nov. 28.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

What makes Northern Mindanao a memorable destination?

How community-based tourism leaves lasting memories

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

Manila joins CPTPP aspirants list

The formal process to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) could begin next year for the Philippines after its membership bid was recognized by the bloc's top brass, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

ICC rejects Duterte's release

The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has unanimously confirmed the decision rejecting the request for former president Rodrigo Duterte's interim release, ruling once again that his detention remains necessary.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Diesel price may be rolled back by ₱3.20

Motorists are set for a steep drop in fuel prices, a respite after months of price volatility.

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Tariff headwinds fail to halt record exports

Despite lingering United States (US) tariff headwinds, the Philippines’ goods exports during the first 10 months of 2025 reached a new record high, while imports recorded the second-highest level on record, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin

Marcos goes after Zaldy Co's air assets; Alcantara returns ₱110 M

President Marcos has ordered transport and aviation authorities to coordinate with their counterparts in Malaysia and Singapore to track down helicopters and aircraft allegedly linked to former congressman Zaldy Co, saying the government will not allow stolen public assets to be used to evade the law.

time to read

4 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Nuclear not threat to JERA's PH LNG

Transition energy giant JERA Co. Inc. sees the growing openness of multilateral development banks (MDBs) to finance nuclear power as complementary—not a threat—to its liquefied natural gas (LNG) business, as both technologies can play distinct roles in helping developing countries like the Philippines manage the “energy trilemma” of security, affordability, and sustainability, according to a top official.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

Mickey Mouse and friends take over Singapore

Changi Airport and Jewel unveil Disney's year-end activities

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Manila Bulletin

PBBM, Isko, open new health, housing facilities in Manila

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso unveiled a series of major health and housing facilities in the city on Thursday, Nov. 27, highlighting Manila's rapid expansion of public services through new laboratories, clinics, hospitals, and in-city housing projects.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size