試す 金 - 無料
Cops linked to missing 'sabungeros' send feelers; PCSO chair denies case fixing
Manila Bulletin
|July 10 2025
Several police officers allegedly involved in the disappearance of 34 cockfighting enthusiasts (sabungero) four years ago have now reached out to the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the National Police Commission (Napolcom), indicating a possible intention to cooperate with the ongoing investigation.
PNP chief General Nicolas Torre III and Napolcom Vice Chairman and Executive Officer Rafael Vicente Calinisan welcomed the development on Wednesday, July 9, saying some of the police officers tied to the case could turn state witnesses.
"We've been receiving some feelers. Honestly, we hope their approach materializes, and hopefully, it leads to them producing an affidavit that could also be key to our investigation," Calinisan said in an interview with reporters.
Torre, for his part, said: "If some of them will volunteer to turn state witnesses, then that will be a welcome development in the investigation." However, no formal testimony before the PNP and Napolcom has been made so far.
The PNP and Napolcom are also waiting for the sworn statement from the whistleblower, Julie "Dondon/ Totoy" Patidongan, who revealed that around 15 cops are linked to the case of the missing sabungeros.
"We haven't seen anything yet.
Sadly, while we more or less know the story through conversations, as for a formal document, I don't have a single page of an affidavit from alias Totoy)," Calinisan shared.
The Napolcom official hopes that the affidavit gets completed soon. He also hopes Totoy will finally come forward and file the complaint with Napolcom because this has taken far too long.
The cockfighters went missing between April 2021 to January 2022 in various cockfighting arenas and the victims' homes in Laguna, Batangas, Manila, and Bulacan.
このストーリーは、Manila Bulletin の July 10 2025 版からのものです。
Magzter GOLD を購読すると、厳選された何千ものプレミアム記事や、10,000 以上の雑誌や新聞にアクセスできます。
すでに購読者ですか? サインイン
Manila Bulletin からのその他のストーリー
Manila Bulletin
5.7 M students to benefit from Free College Law next year
Around 5.7 million students in State Universities and Colleges (SUC) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUC) are expected to benefit from the Free College Law next year, Senator Paolo “Bam” Aquino IV said on Friday, Nov. 28.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
ICC rejects Duterte's release
The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has unanimously confirmed the decision rejecting the request for former president Rodrigo Duterte's interim release, ruling once again that his detention remains necessary.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Diesel price may be rolled back by ₱3.20
Motorists are set for a steep drop in fuel prices, a respite after months of price volatility.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Tariff headwinds fail to halt record exports
Despite lingering United States (US) tariff headwinds, the Philippines’ goods exports during the first 10 months of 2025 reached a new record high, while imports recorded the second-highest level on record, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Marcos goes after Zaldy Co's air assets; Alcantara returns ₱110 M
President Marcos has ordered transport and aviation authorities to coordinate with their counterparts in Malaysia and Singapore to track down helicopters and aircraft allegedly linked to former congressman Zaldy Co, saying the government will not allow stolen public assets to be used to evade the law.
4 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Nuclear not threat to JERA's PH LNG
Transition energy giant JERA Co. Inc. sees the growing openness of multilateral development banks (MDBs) to finance nuclear power as complementary—not a threat—to its liquefied natural gas (LNG) business, as both technologies can play distinct roles in helping developing countries like the Philippines manage the “energy trilemma” of security, affordability, and sustainability, according to a top official.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Mickey Mouse and friends take over Singapore
Changi Airport and Jewel unveil Disney's year-end activities
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
PBBM, Isko, open new health, housing facilities in Manila
President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso unveiled a series of major health and housing facilities in the city on Thursday, Nov. 27, highlighting Manila's rapid expansion of public services through new laboratories, clinics, hospitals, and in-city housing projects.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Trump: WV National Guard member shot by Afghan near White House dies
President Donald Trump said that one of the two West Virginia National Guard members shot by an Afghan national near the White House had died, calling the suspect, who had worked with the CIA in his native country, a “savage monster.”
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
St. Benilde ousts Mapua
College of Saint Benilde held its ground and ousted reigning champion Mapua, 74-72, to book its semifinal ticket in the NCAA Season 101 men's basketball tournament at FilOil EcoOil Centre in San Juan City Friday, Nov. 28.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

