試す 金 - 無料
'She was so pure. We won't let evil win this'
Daily Express
|February 11, 2025
THE heartbroken parents of two girls killed in the Southport stabbings have demanded the Government improves online safety - to protect future generations of youngsters.
The parents of Elsie Stancombe, seven, and Bebe King, six, relived their memories of the girls who, along with Alice da Silva Aguiar, nine, were murdered by Axel Rudakubana at a dance class in July.
Last month, the Government announced a public inquiry after the 18-year-old was jailed for life for murdering the three girls and attempting to murder 10 others, including eight children.
Liverpool Crown Court heard that for years Rudakubana, who boasted he was "glad" he murdered the girls, had become obsessed with watching online videos of murder, torture, genocide and stabbings.
In tearful interviews with Good Morning Britain's Susanna Reid yesterday, the parents have now addressed their ordeals.
Elsie's mother and father Jenni and David and Bebe's parents who cannot be named for legal reasons - said they hoped the legacy of their children's deaths would be better safety for other children.
Jenni Stancombe, 35, who explained her daughter "didn't know bad", said: "It was a privilege to be her mum.
"I was so proud of her. The love she gave.
Her nature was so pure.
"We promised ourselves that every day we would get up, have a shower and get changed and we'd never stay in our pyjamas and stay in bed. Elsie would never have wanted that. We won't let evil win this."
She added: "If somebody's made a decision that's resulted in an element of failure then there needs to be accountability for that. I believe the announcement of the inquiry will do that and it will hold people to account for some of the decisions they've made."
After Rudakubana pleaded guilty to the attacks at the start of his trial last month, it was revealed he had been referred to the Government's Prevent anti-terror scheme three times. but the cases were closed.このストーリーは、Daily Express の February 11, 2025 版からのものです。
Magzter GOLD を購読すると、厳選された何千ものプレミアム記事や、10,000 以上の雑誌や新聞にアクセスできます。
すでに購読者ですか? サインイン
Daily Express からのその他のストーリー
Daily Express
END OF AN ERA
Legend Guardiola finally calls time on his glorious reign at City
1 min
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
VICTOR HAS UNAI ON THE PRIZE
Villa star's trophy goal after losing final... against Emery!
3 mins
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
Footwear chain good sports on trainers
TIME to give unused trainers a second life as new figures show more than 100 million pairs are sitting idle in UK wardrobes.
2 mins
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
BRITONS WANT TO KEEP PENSION TRIPLE LOCK
66% back the financial guarantee for pensioners despite proposals to axe it
3 mins
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
KAI FLYING GUNNERS SO CLOSE TO GLORY
Havertz is head boy for Arteta but gets lucky when he avoids red card for reckless challenge
2 mins
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
Nurse racially abused ‘every 51 minutes...’
Soaring NHS cases ‘a disgrace’
1 mins
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
I couldn't believe the devastation... There was no tree standing straight, no greenery left
This Morning star Alison Hammond visits families in Jamaica trying to rebuild their lives after hurricane
3 mins
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
'I was thinking I wasn't going to see my family again'
Footballer stabbed seven times feared he would die in train attack
2 mins
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
Whirled record! Fidget spinner lasts 30.5min
AN engineering student has set a world record for the longest one-finger spin of a fidget spinner — a dizzying 30min 34.54sec.
1 min
May 19, 2026
Daily Express
Parents face prison for their children's crimes
But young offender jail terms to be slashed
2 mins
May 19, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size

