Facebook Pixel No anomalies in P51-B flood control projects - Polong | The Philippine Star - newspaper - इस कहानी को Magzter.com पर पढ़ें
मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं, समाचार पत्रों और प्रीमियम कहानियों तक असीमित पहुंच प्राप्त करें सिर्फ

$149.99
 
$74.99/वर्ष

कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त

No anomalies in P51-B flood control projects - Polong

The Philippine Star

|

September 11, 2025

The lawmaker-son of detained former president Rodrigo Duterte confirmed yesterday that his district in Davao City received a total of P51 billion in flood control funds at the height of the pandemic, as he challenged authorities to inspect the projects, saying "Davao has nothing to hide."

- By DELON PORCALLA

"If you really want to find ghost projects under that P51 billion — go ahead, investigate it. Just please show all the records, and check on the ground," Rep. Paolo "Polong" Duterte of Davao City's first district said in a statement on Tuesday.

"The truth is there — projects that can be seen, are tangible and can be utilized by Davao City constituents. Davao's projects are built on solid ground," the elder brother of Vice President Sara Duterte declared. He is on his third and last term as congressman.

The opposition legislator accused the Marcos administration and his allies in the House of Representatives of singling out his family and Davao City. “Stop dragging the Dutertes to cover up your mess. Focus on the real issues – flood control anomalies,” he said. “Duterte kayo nang Duterte! I challenge the Filipino people – do a background check on all Makabayan bloc congressmen.”

“Don’t use Davao and our family to divert the issue away from the real issue of corruption,” he added. “The issue of corruption is right under your very noses, and yet you have been vilifying my father. Why the sudden shift of questioning on anomalous flood control projects?”

Public Works Undersecretary for planning Maria Catalina Cabral confirmed Tuesday before the infra committee of the House – upon questioning by Manila Rep. Joel Chua – that Duterte’s district had been allotted a total of P51 billion during the pandemic lockdown.

The Philippine Star

यह कहानी The Philippine Star के September 11, 2025 संस्करण से ली गई है।

हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।

क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं?

The Philippine Star से और कहानियाँ

The Philippine Star

Phl seeks Interpol red notice vs Bato

The government is applying for an Interpol red notice against Sen. Ronald dela Rosa who has been in hiding for months since the issuance of a warrant for his arrest by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity.

time to read

3 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

Ombudsman orders Chiz to answer flood scandal allegations

The Office of the Ombudsman has ordered Sen. Francis Escudero to answer the allegations on his supposed involvement in the flood control scandal.

time to read

2 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

Employers push for responsible AI adoption

The country’s umbrella organization of employers is pushing for the responsible adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and reforms to improve the business environment and strengthen good governance amid challenges affecting employment generation.

time to read

1 min

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

Term limits set in PSE board

Broker-directors to serve for maximum 10 years

time to read

2 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

Senators refute Pia's claim minority did not check on them

Emotions are running high in the Senate a week after the May 13 gunfire incident, as minority bloc senators denied Sen. Pia Cayetano’s allegation they did not check on the majority senators locked down in the Senate that chaotic night.

time to read

3 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

Irregularities found in SALN of lawmakers in flood probe

The Office of the Ombudsman has found irregularities in the declared wealth of members of the House of Representatives who are tagged in the flood control project scandal.

time to read

3 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

From Bland to Grand: Understanding the high-quality office demand

Discerning tenants seek offices delivering prestige and performance.

time to read

3 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Over 4,600 new HIV cases recorded in Q1 - DOH

Over 4,600 newly diagnosed cases of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) have been recorded in the country in the first quarter of this year, according to the Department of Health (DOH).

time to read

1 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

FOTON TRANSFORMS A. BONIFACIO DEALERSHIP AS FLAGSHIP EV HUB

Strengthens leadership in full-electric commercial vehicles

time to read

3 mins

May 22, 2026

The Philippine Star

DOH’s proposed nutrient profile seen to hike food production costs

The government’s proposed nutrient profile model may drive up food manufacturing costs and affect the country’s agricultural exports, according to the Philippine Chamber of Agriculture and Food Inc. (PCAFI).

time to read

1 min

May 22, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size