कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त
Migz slams black prop, eves cyberlibel raps
The Philippine Star
|June 04, 2024
Former Senate president Juan Miguel Zubiri is planning to file cyberlibel cases against certain personalities spreading unsubstantiated claims of his ownership of a house in Forbes Park, private airplanes, jets and helicopters, suggesting that all these were acquired through corruption
Refuting the black propaganda intended to tarnish the good name he has built over years as a public servant, Zubiri said that these claims, which came in the form of videos spreading rumors posted on social media, were perfectly timed to coincide with his ouster as the leader of the Senate. “They came out with a first set of videos two months ago, in the first attempt to unseat me. When that failed, they produced a part-two video, which was released during the week of the second attempt. The timing is impeccable,” he added.
The senator noted that the videos indicated his ownership of a house in Forbes Park, as well as private airplanes, jets and helicopters, suggesting that he acquired such assets through corruption.
“It’s an obvious attempt to discredit my leadership and taint my name. And they’re funneling huge amounts of money into this campaign – from production to promotion,” Zubiri said.
“So, to whomever’s spreading these lies to make it look like I’m pocketing government money to buy mansions and jets, these are totally false. I hope they’re ready because I will be filing cases and will not stop until justice prevails. There’s no truth to that,” he declared, even challenging these fake news peddlers that if they can find a house in his name in Forbes, they can have it.
The former Senate president revealed that he bought his current house, which is not in Forbes, in 2009, as indicated in his Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth or SALN.
As for the private aircraft, he explained that his obligations as a senator, especially during his time as Senate president, sometimes required him to borrow private aircraft to attend functions on a tight schedule.
यह कहानी The Philippine Star के June 04, 2024 संस्करण से ली गई है।
हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।
क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं? साइन इन करें
The Philippine Star से और कहानियाँ
The Philippine Star
GoTyme Bank tops Visa debit market in Phl
GoTyme Bank has emerged as the most used Visa debit card issuer in the Philippines, highlighting rapid growth in digital payments adoption as the lender continued to expand its customer base and transaction volumes in 2025.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Toyota Gazoo Racing sweeps Monte Carlo podium in the 2026 WRC
Follows up with 1-2-3-4 finish in WRC Round 2 in Sweden
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
The first time my brothers & I travelled abroad together
For my four brothers and me, our recent trip to Taiwan was like a trip around the world.
5 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Megaworld investing P10 B for new malls
Property giant Megaworld Corp. is investing around P10 billion to scale up its retail portfolio, with new malls to be developed in Pampanga, Bulacan, Cavite and Bacolod.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
CBCP: Limit political dynasties to 2 relatives
Only two family members should be allowed to hold elective positions, according to a joint statement by church-based groups yesterday.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
2 Manila cops sacked for blocking motorists
Two members of the Manila Police District (MPD) have been relieved from their posts after a viral video showed them in a patrol car blocking motorists at a traffic light along Taft Avenue.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
High gold prices lift OceanaGold earnings
Australian-Canadian miner OceanaGold Philippines Inc. (OGPI) struck strong results last year, with earnings more than doubled amid soaring gold prices.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
US lingerie CEO says he was 'conned' by Epstein
Retail tycoon Les Wexner told US lawmakers on Wednesday he was \"conned\" by Jeffrey Epstein and denied any knowledge of his crimes, as Democrats pressed him over his decades-long relationship with the notorious sex offender.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Jonvic: We will find Atong Ang
Fugitive gambling tycoon Atong
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Palace: Rody’s ICC turnover lawful
The Philippine government's decision to turn over former president Rodrigo Duterte to the International Criminal Court (ICC) was lawful, Malacañang maintained yesterday, after the erstwhile chief executive claimed he was sent to The Hague “in flagrant contravention” of the Constitution and national sovereignty.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
