Facebook Pixel LIAM PAYNE SHARES ONE DIRECTION SONG THAT 'MAKES YOU REALLY HAPPY AND ALIVE' IN OLD STAR INTERVIEW | The Philippine Star - newspaper - इस कहानी को Magzter.com पर पढ़ें
मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं, समाचार पत्रों और प्रीमियम कहानियों तक असीमित पहुंच प्राप्त करें सिर्फ

$149.99
 
$74.99/वर्ष

कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त

LIAM PAYNE SHARES ONE DIRECTION SONG THAT 'MAKES YOU REALLY HAPPY AND ALIVE' IN OLD STAR INTERVIEW

The Philippine Star

|

October 21, 2024

Back in March 2012, The STAR had the opportunity to interview the late One Direction member Liam Payne on behalf of the British band, which also included Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Zayne Malik.

- By NATHALIE M. TOMADA

LIAM PAYNE SHARES ONE DIRECTION SONG THAT 'MAKES YOU REALLY HAPPY AND ALIVE' IN OLD STAR INTERVIEW

Back in March 2012, The STAR had the opportunity to interview the late One Direction member Liam Payne on behalf of the British band, which also included Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Zayne Malik.

At that time, the British boy band just broke records as the first UK group that shot straight to the top of the US charts with their debut album Up All Night, becoming the frontrunners of the new wave of Brit talent shining in the music scene.

Although before the US breakout success, One Direction’s debut album had already become the fastest-selling record in their home country, with the debut single What Makes You Beautiful peaking at No. 1 in the UK charts and getting named Best British Single at the 2012 Brit Awards.

Liam had told The STAR back then, “I think us being No. 1 is the most exciting thing,” saying they were solo artists in the 2010 edition of the reality-TV talent search “The X Factor” in the UK, who got banded together by the show’s creator and judge Simon Cowell.

“No, we never met each other before ‘The X Factor.’ We were put together in the show and (at that time) we had only known each other for like three months,” Liam further recalled in the phone interview.

The Philippine Star

यह कहानी The Philippine Star के October 21, 2024 संस्करण से ली गई है।

हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।

क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं?

The Philippine Star से और कहानियाँ

The Philippine Star

Pinoys help keep Greenland in business

Marinel Garciano dislikes winter, and that’s tough when it lasts nine months in Ilulissat, Greenland. But she has no regrets about leaving the Philippines to give her children opportunities.

time to read

2 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

NBI chief says more ICC arrest warrants coming

Former president Rodrigo Duterte may soon have company in The Hague, as the International Criminal Court (ICC) is set to issue more warrants against his co-perpetrators in the crimes against humanity charges, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said.

time to read

2 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

ALEX GONZAGA’S PREGNANCY IS ‘A MIRACLE AND ANSWERED PRAYER,’ SAYS SISTER TONI

ALEX GONZAGA’S PREGNANCY is more than happy family news for older sister Toni Gonzaga. It’s an answered prayer their family had long been waiting for.

time to read

5 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Iran weighs peace proposal

Accuses US of ‘excessive demands’ - Tehran accused the United States of “excessive demands,” Iranian media said yesterday, as US media reports raised the prospect that Washington was mulling new strikes and leaders of the Islamic republic considered the latest peace proposal.

time to read

1 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

ICC: Duterte to stay detained

Former president Rodrigo Duterte will remain in detention in The Hague ahead of his trial for crimes against humanity before the International Criminal Court (ICC), judges ruled on Friday.

time to read

1 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

‘Bato presumed armed, dangerous’

As a fugitive from justice, Sen. Ronald Dela Rosa is presumed to be “armed and dangerous” and should be dealt “with caution,” National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) director Melvin Matibag said.

time to read

2 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

'SB-11' pushes for Gatchalian as next Senate president

The minority senators from the so-called \"Solid Bloc\" have declared their support for Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian as their candidate for Senate president following the chaos in the chamber since Alan Peter Cayetano took over the leadership.

time to read

2 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Phl facing 'info war' over disputed seas

As the country prepares to mark in July the 10th anniversary of the landmark 2016 arbitral ruling on its maritime claim, senior military officials and security experts have warned of escalating “political and informational war” marked by cyberattacks, disinformation and foreign influence operations as China continues its illegal, coercive, aggressive and deceptive (ICAD) behavior in the West Philippine Sea.

time to read

2 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

E-wallet boom boosts financial inclusion in first quarter

Filipino adults with formal financial accounts rose to 58 percent in the first quarter, driven by the rapid adoption of e-wallets, according to a survey commissioned by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).

time to read

1 mins

May 24, 2026

The Philippine Star

Pia holds Kumustahan on FB Live

After drawing criticism and becoming the subject of online memes over her “Wala man lang nangumusta sa amin” statement, Sen. Pia Cayetano went live on Facebook Friday night to defend her emotions and encourage people to reach out to others.

time to read

1 mins

May 24, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size