कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त
Essential services will not be affected due to bandh: Cong
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
|July 16, 2025
Announcing the Odisha Bandh protest at a media conference here, OPCC president Bhakta Charan Das and Left party leaders demanded resignation of Higher Education minister Surjyabanshi Suraj, Balasore MP Pratap Chandra Sarangi and Balasore MLA Manas Kumar Dutta on the issue.
-
The district collector and SP should also be brought under the purview of investigation, they added.
"The Congress and Left parties have given an Odisha bandh call on July 17 to protest the failure of the state government in protecting the girl student, whose life could have been saved. However, essential services will not come under the purview of the bandh," they clarified.
यह कहानी The New Indian Express Sambalpur के July 16, 2025 संस्करण से ली गई है।
हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।
क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं? साइन इन करें
The New Indian Express Sambalpur से और कहानियाँ
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
UAE says drones that hit Barakah nuclear power plant came from Iraq
UAE’S Ministry of Defence said Tuesday that during the past 48 hours, its air defence systems successfully detected and engaged 6 hostile drones trying to target civilian and vital areas in the country.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
India, Vietnam ink pacts for free Indo-Pacific
DEFENCE Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with his Vietnamese counterpart General Phan Van Giang in Hanoi as India and Vietnam reaffirmed their shared commitment to a “free, open and stable” Indo-Pacific, while also inking MoUs on artificial intelligence and quantum technology.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
Rajasthan, K’taka, MP key states for Cong to improve Rajya Sabha tally
POLITICAL parties are turning their focus to the Rajya Sabha polls, with 22 MPs set to retire in June 2026.
1 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
ITALY & INDIA: STRATEGIC PUSH FOR THE INDO-MEDITERRANEAN
THE relationship between India and Italy has reached a decisive stage. In recent years, our ties have expanded with unprecedented momentum, evolving from a cordial friendship into a special strategic partnership grounded in the values of freedom and democracy, and a common vision for the future.
4 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
SC reaffirms stray dog order, okays euthanasia
THE SC on Tuesday allowed authorities to take legally permissible measures, including euthanasia in cases of rabid and dangerous stray dogs, as part of its directions aimed at curbing threats to human life and ensuring public safety. It also dismissed all applications seeking modification of its November 7, 2025 order on relocation and sterilisation of stray dogs.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
India in green tech accord with Nordics
INDIA and the five Nordic nations on Tuesday unveiled a new “Green Technology and Innovation Strategic Partnership” at the 3rd India-Nordic Summit in Oslo, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterparts pledging deeper collaboration in clean energy, sustainability, digital innovation and emerging technologies.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
RETURN OF ARTEFACTS MUST CUE BETTER HERITAGE CARE
NOTHER priceless piece of heritage was handed back to India last week.
2 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
Naxals gone, but minefields still a danger in Bastar
DESPITE the government’s declaration that the country is now free of Naxal influence, security officials have warned that the Bastar region continues to face a grave threat from a sprawling network of hidden explosives buried across its dense forests and rugged hills.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
‘No trusting anyone’, says ministry on NEET re-test
Pradhan holds review meet; ‘We have learnt our lesson’, says official
1 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Sambalpur
Disciplined Army man of politics passes away
MAJOR General Bhuwan Chandra Khanduri (Retd), a towering figure in Uttarakhand’s political landscape and a transformative administrator known for his discipline and integrity, passed away at Max Hospital in Dehradun on Tuesday morning. He was 91.
2 mins
May 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size

