कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त
Road closures to continue in city on match days
The Chronicle
|September 16, 2025
NEW road closures outside of St James’ Park after Newcastle United match days will continue for the rest of the football season, Newcastle City Council confirmed.
Fans have been told to expect “shortterm” closures of a section of Barrack Road just outside of the stadium for “most games”.
The measure has been trialled on recent St James’ Park match days. The idea is to close the road between Stanhope Street and St James’ Boulevard for up to 45 minutes after each match, or until crowds have cleared.
The council, football club and Northumbria Police said the trial had been a success and added: “With traffic diverted away from Barrack Road, large crowds of fans were able to leave the stadium quickly and safely on foot, which had minimum disruption on other road users in the area.”
यह कहानी The Chronicle के September 16, 2025 संस्करण से ली गई है।
हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।
क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं? साइन इन करें
The Chronicle से और कहानियाँ
The Chronicle
Welcome back, we've missed you!
THE OLD SANDRO MADE A VERY WELCOME RETURN TO SEE OFF THE VILLANS
2 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Two-goal Tonali hails Howe after his Cup heroics
NEWCASTLE
2 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Charity manager stole £19k to fund gambling addiction
A TRUSTED charity manager who feathered his own nest by stealing thousands from his employer to fund his gambling habit has walked free from court.
1 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Objections overruled as more homes are approved
A NEW estate in Newcastle is in line to get even bigger after city councillors backed further plans.
1 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Care facility scheme for council offices
A former council office building is set to be re purposed as a care home for complex adults.
1 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Aparthotel given approval despite fear of 'risk' to Bigg Market bars
MORE THAN 160 SHORT-STAY APARTMENTS TO BE BUILT ABOVE DEPARTMENT STORE
2 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Child missed over a year of school due to council failings
A CHILD with special needs was left with “no suitable education” for more than a year because of a council's failings.
1 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Doubt over Wissa for Baku trip
YOANE Wissa will be assessed ahead of Newcastle United's journey to Baku for the Champions League playoffs against Qarabag.
1 mins
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Gunners keep alive chance of quadruple
ARSENAL served up a first-half blitz to cruise through to the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since they won it in 2020 with an emphatic 4-0 drubbing of League One Wigan.
1 min
February 16, 2026
The Chronicle
Alfa's old smoothie is ageing gracefully
It may be a decade old but the Giulia’s revamped petrol classic still turns heads
3 mins
February 16, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
