कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त
BOP deficit shrinks to five-month low
Manila Bulletin
|September 22, 2025
A larger balance of payments (BOP) surplus in August narrowed the country’s cumulative deficit for the first eight months of the year to its lowest level in five months, according to the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
-
The latest data from the BSP showed that the BOP, which reflects the country's transactions with the rest of the world, registered a $359-million surplus in August, up from the $88 million recorded in the same month last year and reversing the $167-million deficit in July.
In a statement on Friday night, Sept. 19, the BSP attributed the bigger August surplus to its net income from investments overseas.
“This surplus helped narrow the year-to-date deficit, reducing it from $5.8 billion in January to July 2025 to $5.4 billion in January to August 2025,” the BSP said.
The year-to-date BOP deficit at end-August was the narrowest since the end-March deficit of nearly $3 billion, BSP data showed.
However, the end-August deficit reversed the $1.6-billion BOP surplus in the first eight months of 2024.
Preliminary BSP data showed that the year-to-date BOP deficit was primarily driven by the sustained trade-in-goods shortfall, or merchandise imports exceeding exports.
यह कहानी Manila Bulletin के September 22, 2025 संस्करण से ली गई है।
हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।
क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं? साइन इन करें
Manila Bulletin से और कहानियाँ
Manila Bulletin
Thousands march vs corruption in Manila, QC
Palace vows more arrests, 'big fish' to fall
6 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Marcos, VP urge Filipinos to protect dignity, fight for justice
Emphasizing Gat Andres Bonifacio's courage, nationalism, and unwavering fight against injustice, President Marcos urged the nation to draw inspiration from him in protecting their dignity and embracing their duties.
5 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Fire breaks out at Senate building; documents safe
Fire broke out in one of the offices of the Senate in Diokno Boulevard, Pasay City on Sunday, Nov. 30.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
LTO starts crackdown on e-bikes, e-trikes on major roads
The Land Transportation Office (LTO) would rather face the anger of owners and e-bikes and e-trikes than compromise the safety of the majority of road users, the agency chief said, as he confirmed the start of a massive crackdown on unlicensed electric vehicles on major roads starting Monday, Dec. 1.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Timberwolves escape Celtics
Anthony Edwards scored 39 points, including an unlikely 3-pointer that sealed the game, and the Minnesota Timberwolves held off the Boston Celtics 119-115 on Saturday, Nov. 29.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
QUBE Smart Lockers officially activated at San Lorenzo Place Mall, expanding Makati's smart city ecosystem
UBE Smart Technology Corp. marked a new milestone in its nationwide smart city initiative with the official activation of the QUBE Smart Locker at San Lorenzo Place Mall in Makati City on November 17, 2025. The launch represents QUBE's continued commitment to simplifying how Filipinos work, live, and play by integrating smart, secure, and user-centric technologies into everyday urban environments.
2 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
SEC reforms boost biz setup despite dip in new firm count
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reported 43,185 new corporate registrations as of the end of October, reflecting sustained entrepreneurial activity despite a slight dip from the previous year.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
LTFRB braces for more passengers in December
As more people start traveling to and from the provinces for the holidays, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) ordered all its regional offices to start preparing and implementing all the contingency measures to ensure passenger comfort and safety.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Zaldy Co tells PBBM: Escudero pushed for ₱150-B insertion in 2025 budget
Former Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Zaldy Co - in a letter to President Marcos that he recently shared to his Facebook followers - claimed that then-Senate President Francis \"Chiz\" Escudero aggressively pushed for the Senate's P150-billion insertion in the proposed 2025 national budget.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
8 Cebu City officials charged in P200-M malversation case
Eleven persons, eight of them officials of the Cebu City government, have been charged with non-bailable offense of malversation of public funds involving P200 million paid to a garbage collector in 2021.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

