Facebook Pixel 'Preposterous': China rejects spying claims linked to Prince Andrew | Hindustan Times - newspaper - इस कहानी को Magzter.com पर पढ़ें
मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

मैगज़्टर गोल्ड के साथ असीमित हो जाओ

10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं, समाचार पत्रों और प्रीमियम कहानियों तक असीमित पहुंच प्राप्त करें सिर्फ

$149.99
 
$74.99/वर्ष

कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त

'Preposterous': China rejects spying claims linked to Prince Andrew

Hindustan Times

|

December 18, 2024

China on Tuesday said claims that a businessman had used his links with Britain's Prince Andrew to spy for Beijing were "preposterous", after the UK government voiced mounting concerns over the allegations.

'Preposterous': China rejects spying claims linked to Prince Andrew

Details emerged last week about Andrew's relationship with Yang Tengbo, a businessman and alleged spy, who had been banned from Britain.

Asked about the case while on a visit to Norway, Prime Minister Keir Starmer said Britain was "concerned about the challenge that China poses" but defended his approach of "engagement" with Beijing.

A spokesman for Beijing's foreign ministry said on Tuesday that the "accusations of so-called Chinese espionage are preposterous".

Hindustan Times

यह कहानी Hindustan Times के December 18, 2024 संस्करण से ली गई है।

हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।

क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं?

Hindustan Times से और कहानियाँ

Hindustan Times

‘On paper only’: Delhi unprepared to implement SC stray dog ruling

Even as the Supreme Court on Tuesday reiterated its November 2025 directions mandating the removal of stray dogs from institutional areas, the Capital does not have a single permanent dog shelter, has no reliable count of strays in the spaces covered by the order, and has moved at a crawl on capacity expansion since the first directions were issued, stakeholders and several senior officials told HT.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times

Deaths in Congo rise to 134 as outbreak spreads

The World Health Organization (WHO) director-general openly worried on Tuesday over the “scale and speed” of an outbreak of a rare type of Ebola in eastern Congo, where authorities reported a sharp increase in suspected deaths — to at least 134 — and more than 500 suspected cases.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times

Second in a week: Petrol, diesel prices raised again

State-run oil companies raised petrol and diesel prices by nearly ₹1 per litre each on Tuesday — the second increase in less than a week — taking the total increase to just under ₹4 per litre since May 15.

time to read

3 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times

NO QUESTION OF COMPROMISE ON TWO-LANGUAGE POLICY, SAYS TVK

The two-language policy is the proclaimed policy of the Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK) and there was no question of compromising on that stand, Tamil Nadu minister for school education A Rajmohan said on Tuesday, continuing with the previous Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) government's opposition to the three-language formula under the National Education Policy (NEP).

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times

DGCA team to observe Boeing fuel switch test

India’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) will send two officials to Boeing's facility in Seattle next month to observe testing of a fuel control switch (FCS) panel removed from an Air India Boeing 787 with a possible defect during operations at London's Heathrow airport in February, according to documents and officials familiar with the matter.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times

TMC candidate withdraws two days before Falta repoll

Jahangir Khan, the Trinamool Congress (TMC) candidate from Falta in West Bengal’s South 24 Parganas withdrew from the contest two days ahead of polling in a major embarrassment for the party which was voted out of power in the state earlier this month.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times

US, Iran trade threats; Trump says Tehran wants peace deal

President Donald Trump warned Tuesday that the US may strike Iran again, a day after he said he had held off a major assault in hope of a deal to end the war —but Tehran's army threatened to open “new fronts” if he went ahead.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times

Yamuna Bazar residents' plea challenging eviction dismissed

The Delhi High Court on Tuesday dismissed a petition challenging eviction notices issued by the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) to 310 families residing in the centuries-old Yamuna Bazar Ghat area near Kashmere Gate, holding that the plea was not maintainable.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Delhi

Hindustan Times Delhi

DGCA officials to observe Boeing fuel switch testing

India’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) will send two officials to Boeing's facility in Seattle next month to observe testing of a fuel control switch (FCS) panel removed from an Air India Boeing 787 with a possible defect during operations at London's Heathrow airport in February, according to documents and officials familiar with the matter.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Delhi

In defence of the rupee: Lessons from 2013 crisis

The rupee is once again under siege. The trigger this time is the Iran conflict which has sharply escalated global crude prices.

time to read

4 mins

May 20, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size