कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त

CFO slams 'false' R100m mismanagement claim

George Herald

|

December 04, 2025

A press statement issued by the Good political party accused the DA-led municipality of dereliction of duty and claimed that more than R100m in National Treasury funding had been forfeited due to mismanagement.

- Michelle Pienaar

CFO slams 'false' R100m mismanagement claim

CFO Riaan du Plessis

Good councillor Rosa Louw said the municipality had once again failed to utilise the National Public Transport Grant as intended, resulting in a second consecutive loss of funding earmarked for the George Integrated Public Transport Network (GIPTN).

However, the municipality has strongly rejected these allegations.

CFO Riaan du Plessis said the claim that George had "forfeited over R100m due to mismanagement" is baseless and incorrect.

George Herald से और कहानियाँ

George Herald

George Herald

International teen pianist to play in George

The George Music Society invites all music lovers to its first concert for 2026.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

George Herald

High court rules against ANC with costs

The Western Cape High Court has ruled against the ANC in a case involving political campaign material, ordering the party to pay the George Municipality's legal costs.

time to read

1 mins

George Herald

George Herald

Glenwood House celebrates 20 years

This year, Glenwood House proudly celebrates 20 years of heart, heritage and excellence in education.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

George Herald

Low scores in SWD premier league

Die verdedigende kampioene, Union Stars I, het 'n nederlaag van 80 lopies gely in verlede naweek se SWD Premierliga-kompetisie teen hul Oudtshoorn-bure, die Harlequins Forces.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

George Herald

George Herald

'No electricity increase without public input' - Mayor Johnson

No electricity tariff increases will be approved without a proper public participation process.

time to read

1 mins

George Herald

George Herald

George Herald

Elderly man robbed at ATM

A 77-year-old man was robbed at an Absa ATM at the Heather Park Shopping Centre at about 18:00 on Tuesday 10 February.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

George Herald

George Herald

Vermeende kabeldief loop sy rieme styf

Twee mans in 'n wit Opel-motor is op Woensdag 4 Februarie in Pacaltsdorp deur munisipale wetstoepassers voorgekeer en gesteelde koperkabels is na bewering in die motor gevind.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

George Herald

George Herald

Michael Lindt op 'Die Groot Ontbyt'

Aanhangers van die plaaslike sanger, Michael Lindt, kan op Maandag 23 Februarie op Die Groot Ontbyt-televisieprogram op kykNET inskakel.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

George Herald

George Herald

Garden Route Badgers women stumble again

It was another tough weekend for the Garden Route Badgers women's team after they suffered defeats in both the Hollywoodbets Pro50 and Pro20 matches against the DP World Lions at the Dobsonville Oval in Johannesburg.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

George Herald

Registrations now open for 2026 Nedbank Gravel Burn

Cycling enthusiasts may now register for the Nedbank Gravel Burn 2026, one of South Africa's most spectacular gravel riding adventures.

time to read

1 min

George Herald

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size