Essayer OR - Gratuit
Pooram row: Police HQ returns file on Ajith Kumar without remarks
The New Indian Express Kollam
|July 29, 2025
State police chief says no ground for him to add comments on report prepared by predecessor
THE Police Headquarters (PHQ) has returned to the state government the report of former State Police Chief Shaik Darvesh Saheb on ADGP M R Ajith Kumar's alleged lapses during the 2024 Thrissur Pooram, without adding any remarks.
The file was returned to the government last week as incumbent Police Chief Ravada A Chandrasekhar took a stand that there was no ground for him to add any remarks on the report, which was prepared by his predecessor after a detailed inquiry.
Earlier, the state government had forwarded Shaik's report to the PHQ seeking remarks of the new head of the force.
The move of the state government had appeared outlandish as the report was prepared after a detailed probe by the former police chief, who is senior to Ravada.
Cette histoire est tirée de l'édition July 29, 2025 de The New Indian Express Kollam.
Abonnez-vous à Magzter GOLD pour accéder à des milliers d'histoires premium sélectionnées et à plus de 9 000 magazines et journaux.
Déjà abonné ? Se connecter
PLUS D'HISTOIRES DE The New Indian Express Kollam
The New Indian Express Kollam
Devastated 70-yr-old NEET aspirant wants reservation for seniors in exam
AMONG the 22.05 lakh candidates who agonised over the cancellation of the May NEET-UG 2026 exam is septuagenarian Ashok Bahar.
1 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
‘No trusting anyone’, says ministry on NEET re-test
Pradhan holds review meet; ‘We have learnt our lesson’, says official
1 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
Rajasthan, K’taka, MP key states for Cong to improve Rajya Sabha tally
POLITICAL parties are turning their focus to the Rajya Sabha polls, with 22 MPs set to retire in June 2026.
1 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
India, Vietnam ink pacts for free Indo-Pacific
DEFENCE Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with his Vietnamese counterpart General Phan Van Giang in Hanoi as India and Vietnam reaffirmed their shared commitment to a “free, open and stable” Indo-Pacific, while also inking MoUs on artificial intelligence and quantum technology.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
Twisha probe hampered due to missing nylon belt, hunt goes on for husband
WHILE multiple teams of Bhopal Police continue searching across Madhya Pradesh and other states for advocate Samarth Singh in connection with the alleged dowry death of his former actor-model wife Twisha Sharma, a major lapse in the initial investigation has surfaced.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
Leh and Kargil bodies get invite for MHA talks
THE Kargil Democratic Alliance (KDA) and Leh Apex Body (LAB), an amalgam of religious, political, social, trade and students organisation of Kargil and Leh districts spearheading agitation of 6th Schedule and statehood in Ladakh, has received invitation for May 22 sub-committee level talks with MHA in New Delhi.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
RETURN OF ARTEFACTS MUST CUE BETTER HERITAGE CARE
NOTHER priceless piece of heritage was handed back to India last week.
2 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
SC reaffirms stray dog order, okays euthanasia
THE SC on Tuesday allowed authorities to take legally permissible measures, including euthanasia in cases of rabid and dangerous stray dogs, as part of its directions aimed at curbing threats to human life and ensuring public safety. It also dismissed all applications seeking modification of its November 7, 2025 order on relocation and sterilisation of stray dogs.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
US approves follow-on support for Apache, M777s
THE United States has cleared $428 million worth of sustainment and logistics support for India’s Apache attack helicopters and M777 howitzers, both of which form key elements of the Indian military’s frontline combat capability.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kollam
Naxals gone, but minefields still a danger in Bastar
DESPITE the government’s declaration that the country is now free of Naxal influence, security officials have warned that the Bastar region continues to face a grave threat from a sprawling network of hidden explosives buried across its dense forests and rugged hills.
1 min
May 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size

