Essayer OR - Gratuit
5 Cops Held Responsible for Badlapur 'Fake' Encounter
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
|January 21, 2025
A magistrate's inquiry has held five Maharashtra policemen responsible for the custodial death of Akshay Shinde, the accused in the Badlapur school sexual assault case, raising doubt on police claims that the accused opened fire and was killed in retaliatory firing in September last year.
Magistrate Ashok Shengde, in his report tendered in a sealed cover to the Bombay High Court on Monday, noted that allegations leveled by Akshay Shinde's parents – that their son was killed in a fake encounter – has found substance if all evidences, including forensic reports, are taken into consideration.
As per the report, there are no fingerprints of the deceased on the gun. The report, which comes four months after the alleged police shootout, said the "contention raised by the police personnel of right to private or self-defence comes under a shadow of suspicion".
Cette histoire est tirée de l'édition January 21, 2025 de The New Indian Express Bengaluru.
Abonnez-vous à Magzter GOLD pour accéder à des milliers d'histoires premium sélectionnées et à plus de 9 000 magazines et journaux.
Déjà abonné ? Se connecter
PLUS D'HISTOIRES DE The New Indian Express Bengaluru
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
Court can sit till midnight to deliver justice to poor litigants, says CJI
CHIEF Justice of India Surya Kant on Friday said there will be no \"luxury litigation\" in his court as his priority is to ensure justice for poor litigants, emphasising that if required, he will hold the court till midnight for them.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
Militants open fire at Manipur Army jawans
A patrolling team of the Assam Rifles came under a hail of bullets fired by suspected militants in Manipur's Tengnoupal district along the India-Myanmar border early on Friday.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
Inside RCB's squad construction for upcoming season of WPL
AROUND 6.50 PM on Thursday, during the Women's Premier League auction, a bidding war between Royal Challengers Bengaluru and UP Warriorz (UPW) caught the attention of everyone in the room. RCB, with ₹2.8 crore in their purse, and UPW (₹3.85 crore) - both had ten players in their squads - were going toe-to-toe to sign Shikha Pandey and not worried about breaking the bank.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
SMAT: Dhull stars as Delhi beat TN
YASH Dhull made an explosive fifty, leading Delhi to a thrilling victory over Tamil Nadu in a Group D match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match on Friday.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
Aadhaar no longer valid as date of birth document: Yogi issues orders to depts
THE Uttar Pradesh government has issued directives against Aadhaar card being considered as the proof of birth date. On November 24, the state planning department, through a circular, directed all the department heads against the use of Aadhaar cards as birth proof.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
India vs SA: Focus on team combo ahead of 1st ODI
RISHABH Pant's place in the playing eleven is far from guaranteed, while Washington Sundar and Nitish Kumar Reddy are locked in a tight contest for the additional all-rounder's slot as India confront several selection dilemmas ahead of the first ODI versus South Africa.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
Hindu neighbour in Jammu gifts land to Muslim man whose home was razed
IN a heartwarming display of compassion and communal harmony, a Hindu resident of Jammu, Kuldip Sharma, gifted five marlas of land to a Muslim journalist Arfaz Daing, whose house was demolished during an anti-encroachment drive by Jammu Development Authority (JDA) a day earlier.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
Encroachments put J’khand ‘queen of hills’ at risk
NETARHAT, long celebrated as the \"queen of hills\" in Jharkhand, is facing rapid, unchecked construction that residents and conservationists say violates SC guidelines meant to protect Eco-Sensitive Zones (ESZ).
2 mins
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
Don’t spread misinformation, EC says, trashes Didi charges
Poll panel seeks claims, objections after Dec 9 when draft list is shared
2 mins
November 29, 2025
The New Indian Express Bengaluru
India is voice of balance & responsibility, won’t back down on security: Rajnath
India is shaping global discussions of today with a sense of responsibility, strategic autonomy, and confidence rooted in civilisational values
1 min
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

