Essayer OR - Gratuit
Deportation to Eswatini
The Journal
|July 17, 2025
THE US government has sent five men who it describes as “barbaric” criminals to the small African nation of Eswatini in an expansion of the largely secretive third-country deportation programme.
-
The US has already deported eight men to another African country, South Sudan, after the Supreme Court lifted restrictions on sending people to countries where they have no ties.
The South Sudanese government has declined to say where those men, also described as violent criminals, are after it took custody of them nearly two weeks ago.
In a late-night post on X, homeland security assistant secretary Tricia McLaughlin said the men sent to Eswatini, who are citizens of Vietnam, Jamaica, Cuba, Yemen and Laos, had arrived on a plane but did not say when or where. She said they were all convicted criminals and “individuals so uniquely barbaric that their home countries refused to take them back”.
Cette histoire est tirée de l'édition July 17, 2025 de The Journal.
Abonnez-vous à Magzter GOLD pour accéder à des milliers d'histoires premium sélectionnées et à plus de 9 000 magazines et journaux.
Déjà abonné ? Se connecter
PLUS D'HISTOIRES DE The Journal
The Journal
Armed response to toy sword
A MAN carrying a “plastic toy sword” caused armed police to swarm on a coastal town in Northumberland.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Warner Bros reopens its sale talks with Paramount
WARNER Bros Discovery has resumed talks with Paramount Skydance, reigniting the takeover battle with Netflix for one of Hollywood’s most sought-after studios.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Eagles hope to fly after 10 day block of training
AFTER a 10-day break, the Newcastle Eagles return to the court tonight in Manchester looking to break a five-match SLB Championship losing streak.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Curran is the man for the big moment
SAM Curran is once again proving to be England's man when the pressure is on at the T20 World Cup after helping them negotiate a trickier-than-anticipated group stage.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Mercury Prize is set to return to Newcastle after success of last year
Newcastle will stage the prestigious Mercury Prize for the second year running after the spectacular success of the 2025 ceremony.
3 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Three men deny murder of 23-year-old
THREE men have denied murdering a 23-year-old who died in a collision at a petrol station.
1 min
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Australia out after rain dashes Irish hopes
Australia are out of the T20 World Cup after Zimbabwe's decisive clash with Ireland in Pallekele was washed out.
1 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
HORSE POWER Molto Bene should prove too good for her rivals at Ludlow
MOLTO
1 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Minister backs campaign to help small businesses
A GOVERNMENT Minister has backed a campaign starting in the North East to help SMEs find the right advice and become “investor ready”.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
The Journal
Finance boss stole £35k from firm
A MOTHER stole nearly £35,000 from the Tyneside family business where she worked as finance manager, a court heard.
2 mins
February 18, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
