Versuchen GOLD - Frei
Zero casualty
The Philippine Star
|October 10, 2024
Newly installed in the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Secretary Jonvic Remulla is making the right noises so far. The devil, as we know in this country, is in attaining objectives and delivering on the promises.
-
Yesterday, the second Remulla in the Cabinet said he is aiming for “zero casualty” in the 2025 election season. His department has supervision over the Philippine National Police. Remulla also said he wanted to insulate from politics assignments and promotions in the PNP, making the system merit-based. He quickly amended this, however, saying local government executives would still have a say in the selection of the chiefs of police in their jurisdictions, as provided by law.
Diese Geschichte stammt aus der October 10, 2024-Ausgabe von The Philippine Star.
Abonnieren Sie Magzter GOLD, um auf Tausende kuratierter Premium-Geschichten und über 9.000 Zeitschriften und Zeitungen zuzugreifen.
Sie sind bereits Abonnent? Anmelden
WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON The Philippine Star
The Philippine Star
Risa: United opposition bets named by year-end
The “united opposition” will announce by year-end the common candidates they will field in the 2028 general elections after Vice President Sara Duterte declared her bid for the presidency.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Ceccarelli vows to get better
BORMIO, Italy - Francis Ceccarelli, the 22-year-old Fil-Italian skier in the 25th Winter Olympics, may be down-but certainly not out.
1 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
VP Sara: I'm running for president in 2028
Fourth impeach case filed vs VP
4 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Why pursuing SMPC's coal contract makes sense for big conglomerates
As the government gears up to auction Semirara Mining and Power Corp.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
BBM on VP's bid: Good luck
Palace: Apologize for EJKs, DepEd issues
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
DA orders probe into farm input anomalies
The Department of Agriculture (DA) has ordered an investigation into the procurement and distribution of farm inputs and machinery after farmers exposed alleged multibillion-peso irregularities.
1 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
'Phl will accept only UNCLOS-based COC'
Only a Code of Conduct (COC) in the South China Sea anchored on the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) will be acceptable to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Philippines' top diplomat said.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Landbank raises P50 B from ASENSO bond sale
State-run Land Bank of the Philippines has raised P50 billion from its Agriculture, Sustainability, Environment and Socioeconomic Development (ASENSO) bonds, following strong demand that prompted an early close of the offer.
1 min
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Fallible
This story hovered under the radar.
3 mins
February 19, 2026
The Philippine Star
Rody wants to waive right to attend ICC hearing
Saying he does not recognize the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court, former president Rodrigo Duterte has requested the waiver of his right to attend the upcoming ICC confirmation of charges hearings next week.
2 mins
February 19, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
