Facebook Pixel Quad won't give ICC drug war probe records | The Philippine Star – newspaper – Lesen Sie diese Geschichte auf Magzter.com
Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Erhalten Sie unbegrenzten Zugriff auf über 9.000 Zeitschriften, Zeitungen und Premium-Artikel für nur

$149.99
 
$74.99/Jahr

Versuchen GOLD - Frei

Quad won't give ICC drug war probe records

The Philippine Star

|

November 16, 2024

The quad committee of the House of Representatives will not provide the International Criminal Court (ICC) with copies of affidavits and transcriptions of testimonies of witnesses and resource persons in its investigation on extrajudicial killings during the Duterte administration.

In an interview yesterday on dzBB, quad comm overall chair Rep. Robert Ace Barbers maintained that the country is no longer a member of the ICC and thus not obliged to provide the international court with records of its investigation.

“As far as the ICC, we will not give any transcript or any documents, affidavit or transcript of the testimonies of the witnesses because we firmly held that we are not a member of the ICC, as for now,” Barbers said.

“We have no obligation to submit to them any documents that are in the hands of quad comm,” he added.

He said it would be easy anyway for the ICC to get details of the quad comm hearings as they were all shown live on TV and social media.

“If we will look at it, their (ICC) investigation has been continuous. What I know is that they have interviewed a lot here in our country. We, as far as the quad comm is concerned, if they will need documents or any testimony coming from the quad comm, we will not give that. If they want to access information and they want to establish a lead, they can browse from the social media platform. Our hearing is available livestream on social media,” Barbers said. The next hearing of the quad comm is on Nov. 21.

On whether they would invite former president Rodrigo Duterte again, Barbers said quad comm members would have to discuss this first and make a final decision before Nov. 21.

He also said that based on Duterte’s testimony last Wednesday, extrajudicial killings appeared to be a state policy during the previous administration.

WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

Political risk heightens

“The Philippines no longer feels like a government working for its people,” a Facebook meme declares. “It has evolved into a deeply organized syndicate protecting its own interests instead of serving the nation.”

time to read

4 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

‘Weak peso may hurt more than help Phl economy’

The peso’s continued depreciation may not provide the economic boost typically associated with a weaker currency, as higher import costs and inflation could outweigh any gains for exporters, according to a new report by De La Salle University economists.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

Women in an AI world

The advent of Artificial Intelligence or AI is beginning to impact the jobs sector, and it seems that women may not benefit from it in terms of employment, according to an Asian Development Bank (ADB) blog written by Jinha Kim and Lewelyn Baguyo.

time to read

4 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

‘All evidence shows no attack on Senate’

The Philippine National Police (PNP) maintained yesterday that the Senate was not under attack last week, as it presented evidence and witness accounts to disprove claims of Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano.

time to read

4 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

AMID STAGFLATION CONCERNS: Phl will perform better in Q2 - BBM

President Marcos is optimistic that the Philippine economy will perform better in the second quarter, but is wary about a possible stagflation — slow growth accompanied by rising inflation — as oil prices remain volatile because of the Middle East conflict.

time to read

3 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

Global purple craze brightens hopes for Phl ube farmers

More than 8,000 kilometers away from an ube farm in Sapang Uwak, Pampanga, New Zealand-based entrepreneur Alonzo Nieves is connecting the dots for his start-up export business.

time to read

3 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

BOP gap narrows in April

The Philippines’ balance of payments (BOP) deficit narrowed in April from a year earlier, although the shortfall for the first four months widened as external pressures continued to weigh on the country’s transactions with the rest of the world.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

The Philippine Star

THE TROUBLE WITH LOOKING YOUR AGE

Age, lately, feels less like a number and more like a guessing game — one where everyone is oddly confident and frequently incorrect.

time to read

5 mins

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

Prosecution forms teams for VP impeach trial

The 11 members of the House of Representatives prosecution team in the impeachment trial of Vice President Sara Duterte have each been given specific articles to handle, with justice committee chairperson Rep. Gerville Luistro taking charge of the issue of confidential funds or Article 1.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

The Philippine Star

DA to set P53/kilo SRP for local rice

A suggested retail price of P53 per kilo of rice will be imposed by the Department of Agriculture.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size