Versuchen GOLD - Frei
Globe names interim CEO
The Philippine Star
|October 24, 2024
Network provider Globe Telecom Inc. has named the former CEO of a Nigerian telco as deputy head in preparation for his likely takeover next year as permanent chief.
In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, Globe said it has appointed Carl Raymond Cruz as deputy CEO effective Jan. 1, 2025, delegating him with the task of managing the telco's day-to-day operations.
Cruz served as CEO and managing director of Airtel Nigeria, the largest unit under Airtel Africa, the second biggest telco in the continent with a subscriber base of 152.7 million.
He will report directly to Globe president and CEO Ernest Cu during his stint as deputy CEO. Afterward, he will be nominated to replace Cu at Globe's next annual stockholders meeting in April 2025.
Diese Geschichte stammt aus der October 24, 2024-Ausgabe von The Philippine Star.
Abonnieren Sie Magzter GOLD, um auf Tausende kuratierter Premium-Geschichten und über 9.000 Zeitschriften und Zeitungen zuzugreifen.
Sie sind bereits Abonnent? Anmelden
WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON The Philippine Star
The Philippine Star
GoTyme Bank tops Visa debit market in Phl
GoTyme Bank has emerged as the most used Visa debit card issuer in the Philippines, highlighting rapid growth in digital payments adoption as the lender continued to expand its customer base and transaction volumes in 2025.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Toyota Gazoo Racing sweeps Monte Carlo podium in the 2026 WRC
Follows up with 1-2-3-4 finish in WRC Round 2 in Sweden
1 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
The first time my brothers & I travelled abroad together
For my four brothers and me, our recent trip to Taiwan was like a trip around the world.
5 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Megaworld investing P10 B for new malls
Property giant Megaworld Corp. is investing around P10 billion to scale up its retail portfolio, with new malls to be developed in Pampanga, Bulacan, Cavite and Bacolod.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
CBCP: Limit political dynasties to 2 relatives
Only two family members should be allowed to hold elective positions, according to a joint statement by church-based groups yesterday.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
2 Manila cops sacked for blocking motorists
Two members of the Manila Police District (MPD) have been relieved from their posts after a viral video showed them in a patrol car blocking motorists at a traffic light along Taft Avenue.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
High gold prices lift OceanaGold earnings
Australian-Canadian miner OceanaGold Philippines Inc. (OGPI) struck strong results last year, with earnings more than doubled amid soaring gold prices.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
US lingerie CEO says he was 'conned' by Epstein
Retail tycoon Les Wexner told US lawmakers on Wednesday he was \"conned\" by Jeffrey Epstein and denied any knowledge of his crimes, as Democrats pressed him over his decades-long relationship with the notorious sex offender.
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Jonvic: We will find Atong Ang
Fugitive gambling tycoon Atong
1 min
February 20, 2026
The Philippine Star
Palace: Rody’s ICC turnover lawful
The Philippine government's decision to turn over former president Rodrigo Duterte to the International Criminal Court (ICC) was lawful, Malacañang maintained yesterday, after the erstwhile chief executive claimed he was sent to The Hague “in flagrant contravention” of the Constitution and national sovereignty.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
