Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Erhalten Sie unbegrenzten Zugriff auf über 9.000 Zeitschriften, Zeitungen und Premium-Artikel für nur

$149.99
 
$74.99/Jahr

Versuchen GOLD - Frei

A killer as a kid and a monster as a man, he evaded justice for years

Paisley Daily Express

|

August 21, 2025

HE WAS a boy when he killed for the first time. Angus Sinclair was just 16 when he lured seven-year-old Catherine Reehill into a basement in St George's Cross, Glasgow, sexually assaulted her and left her for dead. She had gone to the shops for her mum.

- BY JANE HAMILTON

He was jailed for culpable homicide and sent to a juvenile facility but only served six years despite dire warnings that he would kill again.

When he walked out of custody at 21, he returned to his old life as if nothing had happened.

He married, became a father, and worked as a painter and decorator.

But behind the mask of normality was a calculating predator.

By the 70s, Sinclair had partnered with his brother-in-law, Gordon Hamilton and embarked on one of the most disturbing killing sprees in Scottish criminal history.

They cruised the streets of Edinburgh and Glasgow in a camper van, preying on women, the method opportunistic and violent.

In 1977, as Scotland celebrated the Queen's Silver Jubilee, two teenage girls vanished after a night out.

Christine Eadie and Helen Scott, both 17, were last seen alive leaving the World's End pub on Edinburgh's Royal Mile.

Their bodies were discovered miles apart, Christine on a beach at Gosford Bay, Helen dumped near Haddington.

Both had been gagged, bound and raped. Christine had been strangled with her own tights, Helen had suffered multiple injuries and was left partially clothed in undergrowth.

The violence was frenzied and the double murder shocked the country.

A huge police investigation followed, but the trail went cold.

There were no eyewitnesses, no viable suspects, and no usable forensic evidence.

The case was filed as unsolved.

Families were left in limbo while Sinclair moved on.

WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

Max says Norris will feel pressure

FORMULA ONE Max Verstappen has told Lando Norris that if he was driving his McLaren the world championship would \"easily\" be over.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Chiefs could face 'stark choices' over care cuts

Vulnerable residents in East Renfrewshire could face significant cuts to their care, as health chiefs warn of stark choices ahead due to a \"perfect storm\".

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

THIS MAN DISCOVERED JESUS

Tomorrow is the first Sunday in Advent as we start our happy journey towards Christmas.

time to read

3 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Rapist will serve four years for sex attack on woman

CONNOR GORDON A murderer who raped a woman in a laundry room has had his prison term extended by four years.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

England are facing a pink-ball ‘lottery’

ENGLAND'S hopes of levelling the Ashes scoreline are at the mercy of a pink-ball “lottery”, according to Stuart Broad.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Accord Lottery jackpot

The lucky winner of the £500 accord jackpot prize in this week's Accord Lottery is ticket number 38169 from Paisley.

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Paisley Daily Express

France will intercept small boats in Channel

FRANCE has agreed tactics to intercept small boats in the Channel, according to reports.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Renfrewshire highly rated area to live in

People in Renfrewshire highly rate the area as a place to live, according to new research.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Shamal: Lack of goals is one of Saints' problems

Shamal George has pointed to the lack of goals being one of St Mirren's main issues.

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Paisley Daily Express

Prostate cancer test verdict blow

MEN with a known genetic risk should be screened for prostate cancer every two years, but population-wide testing is not recommended because of the “harms” of overdiagnosis and overtreatment, a committee advising the Government has said.

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size