Versuchen GOLD - Frei
Trump: US and Iranian officials will talk next week as ceasefire holds
Manila Bulletin
|June 27, 2025
Israel and Iran seemed to honor the fragile ceasefire between them for a second day Wednesday and U.S. President Donald Trump asserted that American and Iranian officials will talk next week, giving rise to cautious hope for longer-term peace.
-
Trump, who helped negotiate the ceasefire that took hold Tuesday on the 12th day of the war, told reporters at a NATO summit that he was not particularly interested in re-starting negotiations with Iran, insisting that U.S. strikes had destroyed its nuclear program. Earlier in the day, an Iranian official questioned whether the United States could be trusted after its weekend attack.
"We may sign an agreement, I don't know," Trump said. "The way I look at it, they fought, the war is done."
Iran has not acknowledged any talks taking place next week, though U.S. Mideast envoy Steve Witkoff has said there has been direct and indirect communication between the countries. A sixth round of U.S.-Iran negotiations was scheduled for earlier this month in Oman but was canceled after Israel attacked Iran.
Earlier, Trump said the ceasefire was going "very well," and added that Iran was "not going to have a bomb, and they're not going to enrich."
Diese Geschichte stammt aus der June 27, 2025-Ausgabe von Manila Bulletin.
Abonnieren Sie Magzter GOLD, um auf Tausende kuratierter Premium-Geschichten und über 9.000 Zeitschriften und Zeitungen zuzugreifen.
Sie sind bereits Abonnent? Anmelden
WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON Manila Bulletin
Manila Bulletin
5.7 M students to benefit from Free College Law next year
Around 5.7 million students in State Universities and Colleges (SUC) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUC) are expected to benefit from the Free College Law next year, Senator Paolo “Bam” Aquino IV said on Friday, Nov. 28.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
What makes Northern Mindanao a memorable destination?
How community-based tourism leaves lasting memories
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Manila joins CPTPP aspirants list
The formal process to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) could begin next year for the Philippines after its membership bid was recognized by the bloc's top brass, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
ICC rejects Duterte's release
The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has unanimously confirmed the decision rejecting the request for former president Rodrigo Duterte's interim release, ruling once again that his detention remains necessary.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Diesel price may be rolled back by ₱3.20
Motorists are set for a steep drop in fuel prices, a respite after months of price volatility.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Tariff headwinds fail to halt record exports
Despite lingering United States (US) tariff headwinds, the Philippines’ goods exports during the first 10 months of 2025 reached a new record high, while imports recorded the second-highest level on record, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Marcos goes after Zaldy Co's air assets; Alcantara returns ₱110 M
President Marcos has ordered transport and aviation authorities to coordinate with their counterparts in Malaysia and Singapore to track down helicopters and aircraft allegedly linked to former congressman Zaldy Co, saying the government will not allow stolen public assets to be used to evade the law.
4 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Nuclear not threat to JERA's PH LNG
Transition energy giant JERA Co. Inc. sees the growing openness of multilateral development banks (MDBs) to finance nuclear power as complementary—not a threat—to its liquefied natural gas (LNG) business, as both technologies can play distinct roles in helping developing countries like the Philippines manage the “energy trilemma” of security, affordability, and sustainability, according to a top official.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Mickey Mouse and friends take over Singapore
Changi Airport and Jewel unveil Disney's year-end activities
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Manila Bulletin
PBBM, Isko, open new health, housing facilities in Manila
President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso unveiled a series of major health and housing facilities in the city on Thursday, Nov. 27, highlighting Manila's rapid expansion of public services through new laboratories, clinics, hospitals, and in-city housing projects.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

