Facebook Pixel Sindhu, Lakshya and men's doubles pair chase success | Hindustan Times Bengaluru – newspaper – Lesen Sie diese Geschichte auf Magzter.com
Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Erhalten Sie unbegrenzten Zugriff auf über 9.000 Zeitschriften, Zeitungen und Premium-Artikel für nur

$149.99
 
$74.99/Jahr

Versuchen GOLD - Frei

Sindhu, Lakshya and men's doubles pair chase success

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

|

March 11, 2025

It has been 24 years since an Indian won the All England Open title but every season players head to the premier badminton tournament with renewed hope that they will end the wait.

- HT Correspondent

sportsdesk@hindustantimes.com NEW DELHI:

Former world No. 1 Saina Nehwal and Commonwealth Games champion Lakshya Sen came closest when they reached the final in 2015 and 2022 respectively, but their dream was shattered by superior opponents.

Though it is neither as celebrated as the Olympics nor as prestigious as the World Championships, the BWF Grade 1 tournament still holds special significance with the best in the badminton world keen to add the revered trophy in their cabinet.

That is why PV Sindhu, Sen and the doubles pair Satwiksairaj Rankireddy-Chirag Shetty have travelled to Birmingham yet again.

Like in most competitions these days, India's finest ever doubles pair, Rankireddy and Shetty, have the best opportunity to end the title wait at the $1.45 million tournament. Out of the three individual events they have played so far this year, they reached the semi-finals of two — Malaysia Open and India Open — and lost in the last 16 of the Indonesia Masters last month.

WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Vaibhav misses ton but keeps RR in the hunt

At Jaipur's Sawai Mansingh Stadium on Tuesday, the batting fireworks began from the first over after the home team captain, Yashasvi Jaiswal, put the Lucknow Super Giants in to bat.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Vaibhav misses ton but keeps RR in the hunt

At Jaipur's Sawai Mansingh Stadium on Tuesday, the batting fireworks began from the first over after the home team captain, Yashasvi Jaiswal, put the Lucknow Super Giants in to bat.

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Kolkata Knight Riders the most valuable franchise in IPL: Report

Virat Kohli has emerged as the highest earner in the 18-year-old IPL’s history, totalling ₹230 crore for his 19 years at RCB, according to a report by Fanatic Sports and Hurun published on Tuesday.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Clearing the air on right to bail

Supreme Court has done well to remind everyone that bail is the rule and jail the exception, including in UAPA cases

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Will retain two-language policy: TN

The two-language policy is the proclaimed policy of the Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK) and there was no question of compromising on that stand, Tamil Nadu minister for school education A Rajmohan said on Tuesday, continuing with the previous Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) government's opposition to the three-language formula under the National Education Policy (NEP).

time to read

2 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Woman’s body found in Punjab canal, 2 held

The body of a 29-year-old Punjabi singer and makeup artist was recovered from the Sirhind Canal at Neelon on Tuesday around 1am, six days after she was allegedly abducted at gunpoint in Ludhiana, police said.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Build the narrative on Kalpakkam’s success

India’s Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR) at Kalpakkam recently achieved criticality. Most western newsrooms filed it as a minor energy story. They missed the point entirely.

time to read

3 mins

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Mango scion released on $1.16mn bail after arrest over father’s death

{ SPAIN } MURDER INQUIRY

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

US, Iran trade threats; Trump says Tehran wants peace deal

President Donald Trump warned Tuesday that the US may strike Iran again, a day after he said he had held off a major assault in hope of a deal to end the war —but Tehran's army threatened to open “new fronts” if he went ahead.

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Hindustan Times Bengaluru

Neymar in Brazil's WC squad despite doubts on fitness

Neymar made Brazil's World Cup squad, a selection many local analysts and former footballers deemed unlikely only days ago. The striker will appear at his fourth World Cup.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size